Last played in 'hours'

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Breakie
Last played in 'hours'

Post by Breakie »

After fiddling around with all kinds of settings and rules concerning the use of 'liners' we found the 'standard' cartwall scriptline works best for us, BUT ... altough selection is made random, we still (ocasionally) see the system picking up the same liner in the same hour or even in the same 10 to 15 minutes. (out of about 80 liners)
I see there's a script line option 'last played in days' and was thinking that an easy solution would be to have the same option, but 'last played in hours' ...
In that case we would be able to set this to 6 for example, making sure the liners played in the last 6 hours would be 'frozen' ;)
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Last played in 'hours'

Post by radio42 »

I assume, you are using the ‚cartwall‘ script-line mode and the default script-line options dientest mode, which is SuppressHistoryCheck and SuppressAddHistory?!

As the mode ‚cartwall‘ only uses the Random mode out of a cartwall library, you are right, that in that case repeats could happen.

To prevent this, you could set the script-line option ForceLibraryHistoryCheck and then set a library history, if eg. 40 - which will ensure, that no duplicate track for the last 40 selections will be picked.
Breakie

Post by Breakie »

Hi Bernt, thanks for the (lightning spseed) quick answer.
Just to be clear, when you say 'library history', you are reffering to the (song)history option that is avalaible in the (cartwall) library settings of each library?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Exactly, you define it here...
CartwallLib.jpg
Breakie

Post by Breakie »

OK perfect, thanks.
BTW if I would do the same with a folder that is included in the global history, for example folder 80s, global history = 50, (but only 7 80s are played every hour) would the 80's librabry history (for example 100) overule or work in conjunction with the global history? (with the force library history check on every 80s scriptline) :?:
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This would work in conjunction resp. on top of the global history - that's why I wouldn't recommend it!
(multiple histories, same would be true for the script history, makes it hard to understand and predict, if a track is suppressed and this maybe not played as expected)
Breakie

Post by Breakie »

Ok clear, thanks