Proppfrexx crashes while compressing audiofiles for RVT

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
warmeman
Proppfrexx crashes while compressing audiofiles for RVT

Post by warmeman »

When using RVT, Proppfrexx (including server 2016 running Proppfrexx) crashes while compressing the audio files. Before RVT was used there were no problems. If I do not compress the files, there are no problems, but then it takes a very long time to download the files because they are WAV files.
While downloading and uploading the audio tracks, there are no issues, only while compressing. Is this a known issue that has a fix for it?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Proppfrexx crashes while compressing audiofiles for RVT

Post by radio42 »

During 'compression', the original audio files are encoded to the target format given in the general settings (given profile using the default encoder for that profile). It seems, that this given format might raise the issue.

Please specify, what exact encoder profile and what default encoder you are using for the compression (e.g. is it WMA, 48kbps)?
Maybe this format is not supported in your environment? Have you tried a different format (e.g. changed the default encoder to MP3, 48kbps)?

And please specify, what exact 'crash' or 'error' you experience/get?
If ProppFrexx 'crashes', there should be an error message shown and recorded to the ProppFrexx Error.log file - can you post that error?
If no error is shown but ProppFrexx really crashes and terminates without any error, there must be system error in the Windows Event log.

And finally what exact version and license are you using, as I can not find any info related to your mail address. THX
warmeman
Re: Proppfrexx crashes while compressing audiofiles for RVT

Post by warmeman »

Thank you Bernd. It is Proppfrexx v4.3.4.5 - Enterprise Edition. It seems that changing the profile solved the problem. It used to be 192kbps mp3 and has now changed to 128kbps wma. Downloaded a few playlists as a test and it seems to be going well for now. If the problem does come back I'll pass along the error messages, but I think it's solved now.