gpio client keep connect and disconnect in a loop

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
moogwill
gpio client keep connect and disconnect in a loop

Post by moogwill »

Hi Bernd,

after a configuration file corrupted, i Had to use the .bak file, all streaming server was gone, i had no paticular issue to reconfigure my streams, but since then, my gpio client wont connect anymore, it goes green/red in a loop.

any clue, what i have to do to get it back online ?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: gpio client keep connect and disconnect in a loop

Post by radio42 »

Not sure, why you believe this is a bug?!

It goes green also when it tried to connect. When this fails, it goes back to red as it is disconnected.
This repeats, as it tries to reconnect again after some time.

As such, this fact indicates, that the connection could not be established. Eg. The ProppFrexx address is wrong or the server on the ProppFrexx side is not enabled.

So try to clear the address field in the GPIO client entirely. As then the address will be tried to detect automatically.
And also check, if you have enabled the GPIO Ext. Service in the general settings of ProppFrexx.
And also validate the TCP/IP password set in ProppFrexx.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

OK, If i dont remember what the password is, can i change it from PFOA without creating other issues ??

note: if configuation file was corrupt could it have change the adress and/or the password ???
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

ok, solved, thanks, i have two computers : slave and master master is on port 9043 and slave on 9042, when i wipped the adress it automatically used the adress from the slave ;) I had to changed it...