order tracks by track number in metadata

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
fjb59
order tracks by track number in metadata

Post by fjb59 »

there a facility in which you can play tracks in a playlist or catagory in order. however the order is the track name an is in string order rather than numerical.A wish isthat the order they are played is numericallt rather than string sorted and can be taken from i number in the leader of the track name or the track numer in the metadata.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: order tracks by track number in metadata

Post by radio42 »

As already said in the other post, you can today play a playlist exactly in order. This order is the order of the entries with the playlist.

But there is no option to order by a numeric value of the track number as given in the meta data. One issue is, that this meta data information (the track number) is in most formats actually a string and not a numeric value. As such, audio files might contain non numeric values (as people tend to not properly use meta data).

Another reason, that ProppFrexx doesn’t have this ‚extra feature‘ is, that I never came across this request for radio automation.
So maybe you can explain your request and use case in a bit more details. As currently I would have no plan to add such feature.