Create a live broadcast show.

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
mojeradio_uk
Create a live broadcast show.

Post by mojeradio_uk »

Hello everyone.

I came across the program a few days ago and I am delighted with the multitude of options etc. I'm seriously considering implementing it in my radio. At the moment I'm using Playit Live. I would like to ask how live presenter inputs are implemented in ProppFrexx?

There is a feature in Playit called "Priority Streams" that allows remote presenters to connect directly to Playit remotely via Icecast.

I've searched YT and the ProppFrexx manual and can't find a clear answer. Thank you in advance.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Create a live broadcast show.

Post by radio42 »

One feature in ProppFrexx is called Remote Voice Tracking. Eg. the moderator downloads its program (ie. the playlist of eg. his specific hour incl. a compressed/original version of the related audio tracks). Then he/she locally does the voice overs etc. And finally uploads the ready made and ‚produced‘ hour and his locally recorded tracks all back to the server.
In this scenario the broadcasting/streaming is all done from the main station.
This is best explained in the tutorial videos here: viewtopic.php?p=3942

But I guess you want to ‚connect‘ remote DJs and stream a distributed program from various locations, this is nothing ProppFrexx is really serving as a core function. As here each local instance has to setup its own ProppFrexx instance and then you basically ‚just‘ route the audio to targets.
I.e. you use for example an AoIP audio driver in each instance, so that you can route your audio signal output from one remote location to your main broadcasting instance as an input there. Eg. you can use Dante-AoIP or any other Virtual Audio Cable.
This really serves almost ream-time transmission of the audio signal via the Internet from one location to another location.
You can use the unlimited number of freely definable mixer input and output channels in ProppFrexx as your matrix router of these audio signals.

But if latency is not an issue for you, you can also stream your local signal to a central streaming server, ie. an ICEcast server.
And you then pick up that signal, eg. via a playlist entry (given an URL of that ICEcast server), or via the MODStream Watcher…

See here for an example: viewtopic.php?p=212

There is also an entry in the tutorial videos, plus take a look to the general settings, section Streaming to set the options for it.