Cart wall 1

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Radiostar929
Cart wall 1

Post by Radiostar929 »

Hi Bernd How can you keep the cartwall on all the time The gold bar is gold when it is operational and grey when it is not. Is there a way to keep it on all the time? Tom
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Cart wall 1

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure what exactly you mean.
I assume with ‘gold bar’ you mean the panel window header?! But this is like with any window or panel in Microsoft Windows, there can only be one active at a time.

So I am not sure what the background of your question is?!
Why don’t you describe your need, and use case?

As it doesn’t matter, if the panel header is gold or gray. This is just a visual thing.
Maybe you refer to the function which is related to an active panel/window, eg. the default keyboard mapping?
Eg. the keyboard input is only active, if an element has the focus.
But this I can not change, as it is controlled by Windows.

Example: Assume you really always want to map the keys 1 to 9 to carts in the cartwall?! What if you now want to use the Find Window and have the focus on the Find input text field. In that Case you could not type a word with a number, as it would trigger a jingle.
Is that what you want?

If yes, take a look to the Hotkey Mapping in the general settings… here you could map any key event to a control-command - no matter what panel/window is active.
But you’ll have the same issue as above - but you could map unused key combos to commands, eg. to start carts…

I hope my answer matches to your unclear question.
But I might also simply say: No, the gold bar indicates an active panel and this behavior can not be changed!
Radiostar929

Post by Radiostar929 »

I have tried all possibilities I can see to map the keys for the cart wall. I have read material and watched video. No success. There must be a simpler was to program a number to fire an audio file in the cart wall. Do you have an easy written procedure you could send?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You again don't really describe what you want to achieve - you just say: you tried everything, but it doesn't work. So I continue to guess.. as assume, you want to map the key combo SHIFT+CTRL+1 to play the cart 1 of Cartwall I... if you want to map other keys it is the same procedure - BUT KEEP IN MIND WHAT I SAID above!it

Here is a short description:
Go to the general settings, Section GPIO/Remoting.
GPIO Hotkey Mapping.jpg
Enable the option 'Keyboard Hotkey Control Enabled' and then click on the flash icon next to the Default Mapping combobox.
In the upcoming dialog you define the Keyboad Event Mapping.

keyboard mapping.jpg
1. click on the three dots next to the 'Key Value' to define the key combo you wan to press... in the example: SHIFT+CTRL+1.
2. Enter the 'Control Command' to execute with that mapping (see next image)... in the example: CW1_PLAY_CART 1
This will play/pause the cart 1 of cartwall 1 - see the User Manual Appendix for all commands.
3. Press the 'New' button to add this new mapping.
4. Repeat those steps for any other mappings you need, e.g. "SHIFT+CTRL+2" --> "CW1_PLAY_CART 2" ...

Comamnd.jpg
Here is an exampe of the Control Command Builder, if you the press the 'Edit' button next to the 'Control Command' above.