Metadata publishing in case of LineIn-feed

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
sokl1
Metadata publishing in case of LineIn-feed

Post by sokl1 »

Dear support,
We have a scenario where a live studio (or DJ) ProppFrexx instance contributes to the main ProppFrexx playout through a LineIn-feed.
What is the best way to push the metadata updates from the live-instance to the different targets addressed normally from the the main playout system ?
Not only the title and artist, but the following commands are executed at each title change, by the Event " Streaming -> OnSongTitleChanged" : EXEC_SEND_HTTP_GET, EXEC_WRITE_FILE, EXEC_WRITE_JPEG_FILE, EXEC_WRITE_PLAYLISTFILE, EXEC_UPLOAD_FILE, etc. and we intend to get the same publishing from the 2nd ProppFrexx while ON AIR.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Metadata publishing in case of LineIn-feed

Post by radio42 »

Yes, it is possible to synchronize your meta data and entry statistics from one ProppFrexx instance to another.
See here fro an example: viewtopic.php?p=13900#p13900

The use case is slightly the opposite, but the logic is the same. I.e.:
On your 'live studio' system you issue the UPDATEENTRYSTATISTIC_CLIENT_ON command.
And on your 'main playout' system you issue the UPDATEENTRYSTATISTIC_SERVER_ON command.

Note, that you need the Enterprise Edition to have this feature supported.
And that you configure on your 'live studio' system as a Remote Client the 'main playout' system in the RCM (as explained in the above example in the link), i.e. the 'TCP Control Enabled' feature must be enabled as well as given in the general settings.

When both commands are set (are ON), then the meta-data and statistics etc. are fully synced from the 'live studio' to the 'main playout' system.
Turn the commands OFF again to disable it, i.e. when the 'live studio' meta-data should not be synced any longer.