adding queries to libraries

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
fjb59
adding queries to libraries

Post by fjb59 »

I've been playing with you rather impressive query builder. A reqest i have would be to be able to add saved queries to libraries so a playlist and a scheduller can make use of them.
For example: i have a query i created where it searches the genre that begins with the term "prog" and they date.year is between 1965 and 1979
it would be great if i could save this query to a library so i can add it to a template which a scheduller can then invoke.

Thank you.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: adding queries to libraries

Post by radio42 »

I assume you mean the 'Advanced Filter/Find Expression Builder'?!
Filter Expression Builder.png
You can click on the disk icon resp. the open file icon (next to the OK button) to save resp. load the defined filter to/from a file.
This way you can reuse it as a template as often as you want.
Hope this is what you are looking for.
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

radio42 wrote: 04 Jun 2023 19:03 I assume you mean the 'Advanced Filter/Find Expression Builder'?!Filter Expression Builder.png

You can click on the disk icon resp. the open file icon (next to the OK button) to save resp. load the defined filter to/from a file.
This way you can reuse it as a template as often as you want.
Hope this is what you are looking for.
yes i know how to load and save them, as i' said i've been playing with it. i asked if said queries can be added into a library so a tracklist or scheculler can make use of them. that would be an amazing feature.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I don't get the difference. What do you mean by 'if said queries can be added into a library so a tracklist or scheculler can make use of them'?
What sort of library do you mean?
A tracklist or a scheduler does not even use any filter expressions - only a script-line might make use of it.

As such, if you save your queries (filter expressions) to various files, you can also reuse them for/with each script-line.
Else, I am afraid, I don't understand what you mean by using it in a template, what library you want to save it to etc. and what advantage you see. Maybe you can describe your use case and how you want to make use of any saved query and what the difference is what you load filter expressions from a saved file.