Improvements to overlays for Remote VoiceTracking

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Improvements to overlays for Remote VoiceTracking

Post by radio42 »

Suppression with Remote VoiceTracking and "Resolve Overlays":
Please provide a related playlist as well as your overlay settings and time, as I can not reproduce that here.

AsPlaylistInsert timing bug:
The timing is different, as the functionality is different. It depends also when your program in the program scheduler shows in advance. So what is your setting here?
But I will double check!

Inconsistent Embedded Container naming bug:
This is NOT a bug! The containers are simply different! And this for a good reason and by design.
You can have a container of multiple media entries. Or you can have a container referencing a script, overlay or a like. The first option is what is used when an Overlay Player resolves its content to the playlist in real-time. Note, that multiple overlays might be combined resulting in many media entries to be played by then overlay. That’s why the Overlay Player is and must be using this option.
The second option is what is used when you manually resolve an overlay or when an overlay is resolved via the template or remote voice tracking. Here only the reference is resolved.

However, I still changed the name for option one and added the word Overlay: infront of the container, which shows then the number of entries contained in the container.
So the naming can and will not be changed.
Maartenvn

Post by Maartenvn »

Please provide a related playlist as well as your overlay settings and time, as I can not reproduce that here.
I will provide you with the necessary files in PM.
AsPlaylistInsert timing bug:
The timing is different, as the functionality is different. It depends also when your program in the program scheduler shows in advance. So what is your setting here?
I will provide the files for the Overlay/Program scheduler in a PM.
Inconsistent Embedded Container naming bug:
This is NOT a bug! The containers are simply different! And this for a good reason and by design.
This makes more sense now. I wasn't aware multiple overlays could be combined when resolving to the playlist. Thank you for explaining!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Thanks for providing the examples - I will try them.

Just one question: Instead of try a real RVT session - do you also get the same results, when you 'just' pre-generate the playlists by using the 'Template Playlist Wizard' (underneath the New icon).
E.g.
- create a script with 2 script-lines:
1. Random, MediaLib Music, 1
2. Cartwall, CartwallLib Jingles, 1
- use the same existing overlays and resolve them using the Template Playlist Wizard'

In all my tests I don't get a resulting playlist where the overlay has a Jingle before and after the Overlay...
Maartenvn

Post by Maartenvn »

I have tried creating a script as you requested, and used the Playlist Template Wizard to generate a playlist.

There are no jingles before/after the overlay, but I noticed something very odd...

The TOTH overlay, which suppose to be at the top of the playlist, is now at the bottom. It appears that the Template Wizard Generator uses the Effective Show Time (calculated using the "Show Time In Advance") instead of the actual schedule time when scheduling?
Last edited by Maartenvn on 06 Jun 2023 23:45, edited 1 time in total.
Maartenvn

Post by Maartenvn »

I also tried an RVT session on a program with the above Music + Jingle script and there are jingles before 3 of the overlays:

radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please check the new v4.3.6.1-update.
All issues should (hopefully) be fixed.
Maartenvn

Post by Maartenvn »

I tested the issues we were previously having and all bugs have indeed been fixed! Thank you!