Script inside script bug

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Maartenvn
Script inside script bug

Post by Maartenvn »

Hi Bernd

In this post: viewtopic.php?t=3388 you recommended to add a script inside a script using the "Container" script-line option, in order to achieve a full bed over the multiple media library entries. This is causing some issues in our use-case.

We have 2 scripts:
  • 1 script that plays back 2 random media library entries (news bulletins) separated by a separator:
  • 1 script that plays back the other script, appends an intro and outro as script-line, and adds a bed over the playback of the entire "Container" script-line.
When inserting an instance of script 1 as Embedded Container the Media Library history gets properly appended after playback (2 items are added to the Media Library History).
When inserting an instance of script 2 as Embedded Container the Media Library history receives 4 items.

This made me do some testing and apparently every time a script is evaluated (eg: inserted as embedded container and dragged into a media player) the items get added to the media type history, even though the script is not actually played back! So when you eject an embedded script container from a media player and drag it in again, every time the items get appended to the history! I don't know if this is intended behaviour but this may be the cause of some of the other bugs I described here.

There is also a problem when loading this "script 2" as an overlay. The overlay sometimes starts the next playlist track before the actual audio of the overlay stops playing (it is closed before the end but the audio keeps playing). Can it be the case that a container inside an overlay is evaluated initially with a specific length, but when the container inside the overlay is played back 2 different media library entries are resolved, causing the timing to be incorrect and the overlay to stop prematurely? This may also explain why there are 4 items appended to the history instead of 2, the script is evaluated twice maybe?

Sorry for the list of bug reports lately, we are using ProppFrexx in a very advanced way. It is amazing to have so much flexibility but that sometimes comes with some side effects/bugs. ;)
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Script inside script bug

Post by radio42 »

I’ll take a look!
I assume you again play the overlay within the playlist using the AsPlaylistInsert option?
Maartenvn

Post by Maartenvn »

Yes we use the "AsPlaylistInsert" option or regular embedded containers in the pfp-file in case of RVT playlist that has been generated. So the history/evaluation bug is present for embedded overlay containers.
There is also a problem when loading this "script 2" as an overlay. The overlay sometimes starts the next playlist track before the actual audio of the overlay stops playing.......
This bug is on another instance which still uses regular overlays using the Overlay Player. I am not sure if the same bug is present for embedded overlay containers, as far as I have tested it only occurs for overlays played by the overlay player.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Hi, to give you a state about the issue. I have found and fixed the doublicate media history entry. But this was not the reason for your other issue, which I couldn’t find the reason for. But at least I was able to reproduce it. And I am on it…
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Both issues fixed in v4.4.0.4 !
Maartenvn

Post by Maartenvn »

Thank you Bernd!