advanced query/expression builder doesn work under test in a script

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: advanced query/expression builder doesn work under test in a script

Post by radio42 »

Then you should read my answer again carefully, as I did answer your question. Maybe not to your satisfaction.
Here it is again:

YOU DO NOT GET THE SAME RESULTS - NO OPTION!
AND I WILL NOT CHANGE THE BEHAVIOR, AS IT IS DONE BY GOOD DESIGN - SO THIS IS NOT BUG!

The explanation for this is explained in detail in my previous post. If you do not understand this, I can to explain again.
fjb59

Post by fjb59 »

radio42 wrote: 21 Jul 2023 17:57 Then you should read my answer again carefully, as I did answer your question. Maybe not to your satisfaction.
Here it is again:

YOU DO NOT GET THE SAME RESULTS - NO OPTION!
AND I WILL NOT CHANGE THE BEHAVIOR, AS IT IS DONE BY GOOD DESIGN - SO THIS IS NOT BUG!
i remmber at the begginging of this conversation you pointed out that i clearly didn't understand the queries.
well i clearly understand them better than you understand customer relations. you language and curt attitude is inaapropriate and it's not wonder that small firms like yours dissapear if that's your attitude.
and yes i do understand queries as i am a retired proggrammer, of which i frequently ued SQL. i may not have written any in a couple of years since i joined radio but it doesn't mean i have forgotten what i knew about queries. your query enigine within the template is badly designed because you run the filter after the returned result of criteria rahter than before, and you won't resdisgn it because of your ego. i do not know if you are a sole trader or of a company with a complaints department. but if the latter i shall certainly be dcomplaining about your innapropriate atiitude.

one thing that kills good software is bad programmers and that includes egotitical ones.

I shall not be reccomending your software to my fellow presenters!

The explanation for this is explained in detail in my previous post. If you do not understand this, I can to explain again.
no you tried to brow beat me rather than help me. the scope was the same and the filter was the same and in a consistant and efficnet desihn therefore the results should have been the same
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Wow. I am sorry, but your reaction is full of frustration and hate (I still try to ignore your offensive way). I do not want to discuss on this level and I am sorry, that you got thie impression, that you can talk to me in such a way.
I am just trying to help and explain how ProppFrexx works and why this is. This unfortunately was not falling on fruitful ground.

I try again in shorter words.

I have explained, that the two ways (find window and script test mode) work totally different.
Why?
Because in the find window I want to list all tracks in all selected media libs.
In the script test dialog I want to test the script-line and as such I emulate and test exactly how this script-line is working.
If I would return the exact same result as in the find window, I would not do this. And this is the reason why the two ways return different results.
If you now ask yourself or me, why they work differently?
Because they are totally different use cases ans scenarios. They might look similar, but in fact they are not.

You might now again answer, that you don’t care and that you believe the software should deliver exactly what you (a customer) wants and that I am a bad programmer etc. etc.
That is your opinion and that is fair. However, this feature has nothing to do with SQL or alike.
Feel free to not use the software anymore…

But, the underlying script-line always returns the correct result! And this even has a different Test function on the script level…

P.S.: ProppFrexx is my private project. I am not dependent on it and it already exists for over 20 years! Longer than many companies .. and it will exist as long I as I like it (because it is passion which drives it and not money- if it would be money, you would have to pay 10 times the license price and you probably know this ;-).