LoadTrack + remote stream

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
jsonio
LoadTrack + remote stream

Post by jsonio »

Hello,

I recently used this command, to load a live remote stream

LoadTrack https://streamflux.flux/flux.aac

And it did not work : after a really few seconds, it went to the next script line and loaded a default program.
I guess it returned false or something meaning "I do not work".

What could have been wrong? Silence? File not found? Stream interrupted? AAC format not recognized/supported for streaming?
Maybe it should be scripted in a loop in case of disconnections or with some options to force maintaining the connection?

It happened a few times with the same configuration.

Thank you a lot for your help !

jsonio
jsonio
Re: LoadTrack + remote stream

Post by jsonio »

I think, i already found the tips in another topic.

I should CTRL+click and add the expected duration
I should set the options SuppressHistoryCheck, SuppressAddHistory, KeepStreamLoading and KeepStremAliveOrSuppressRestrictions

Right?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: LoadTrack + remote stream

Post by radio42 »

The given URL is invalid!
I.e. test the url in a web brower - or try to add that URL address to a playlist:
Load URL.jpg
However, one it is working, you can add one of the two script-line options:

The 'KeepStreamLoading' option is used BEFORE player is effectively started and the 'KeepStreamAlive' option is used ONCE playback was started.
So if you want the behavior you described (and in any case advance the stream even if disconnected only manually also during AutoPlay), you need to set BOTH option.

Keep Stream Loading:
If the entry is loaded to a Player but the stream is at this point not available, the player tries to reconnect until the stream becomes available or until you manually advance to the next track.

Keep Stream Alive:
If the entry is played within a Player and the stream disconnects during playback, the player tries to reconnect until the stream becomes available again or until you manually advance to the next track.

But...
finally, I assume you don't want to have silence on air - so if the stream is not available (for whatever reasons) it will skip that script-line.