Advertising extra campaign key please

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Steve FamilyRadio
Advertising extra campaign key please

Post by Steve FamilyRadio »

Dear Bernd,

would it be possible to add a second "Campaign Key" where we can add the name of the person who's voice been used to make the add commercial.
That key could be used to prevent to play out adds with the same voice one after the other, which is one of the problems that we have at the moment.

I do also understand that this can not be guaranteed if there are not enough commercials, but it would help us a big deal forward and it would sound a lot better on air.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Advertising extra campaign key please

Post by radio42 »

Why don’t you use the existing key for this?
At the moment, there is no plan to add a 2nd key.
Steve FamilyRadio

Dear Bernd, we do already use this key for the branch of advertising.

We have tried adding the name of the voiceactor there instead of the branch, but then we noticed that commercials who have the same branch got played in the same addvertising slot. Which is not ideal either. We have also tried adding the branch and the name of the voiceactor but that doesnt seem to work either.

That's why I think it would be handy for a second key or some sort of a filter system, if we could enter the name of the voiceacter and the branch in de tags of the audiofile perhaps....? With a different kind of history check for addvertising?

I can't imagine that we are the only media group who has this problem?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It looks, like you don’t need a 2nd key, but a new function?!
As currently the Advert Management doesn’t support automatic separation of campaigns over different slots/overlays…
I’ll have to double-check - and will put it on the wish-list.

Can you maybe explain a bit more in detail, the functionality you are looking for?
I understand, that you try to avoid playing an advert in the same slot, if they are from the same branch or same presenter voice. As currently the Key value is used to separate adverts within a slot!

But I guess this might be almost impossible to automatically fulfill (except you really have a lot of adverts with no rule when they should be played…).
So my question is, what you exactly are looking for as a support function?
Steve FamilyRadio

Dear Bernd,
sorry for the late reply, I was on hollidays.

So when customers book a add campagne with us, we produce the audio spot ourselves. We have a bunch of voices we use on a regular base.
Some voices are ideal for promoting clubs or events, other voices are better for a bar or restaurant commercial.

When the audio commercial has been produced we plan it in "advertising & news". Depending on what commercial it is, we fill in the key.
For instance - when we get a commercial campagne for our local MC Donalds, we add the key as "restaurant".

What happens is, that the same voice that has been used for the local MC Donalds add, could be used also for a "sales week" at a furniture store.
So both audio commercials have a different key beeing used (restaurant for MC Donalds and Furniture for the store) in "advertising & news" but they sound alike cause of the voice.

Which is confusing our clients and listeners, when the 2 commercials are played one after the other.
On air it sounds like one long commercial for a temporarily new burger that they sell at the furniture store :lol:

We have also tried adjusting the key, and replacing it by the name of the person who voiced the commercial, but then we have the problem that we get multiple commercials of the same branch being played one after the other.

I'm sorry for the language mistakes and hope the explanation is clear enough.

Regards, Steve
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I understand your issue and I will think about it - unfortunately I am on holiday the next 4 weeks, so I can not come up with a quick solution.
Maybe you can use the Priority vauue of the campain, as this also determines the order. e.g. use higher numbers for one voice and lower numbers for another voice, e.g. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, ...

But let me ask, of how many ads do you typically play in a slot? And are you sure that a logical separation is always possible?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In the new v4.4.1.0 I have added the ability to specify multiple KEY values per campaign (as you requested) - this via a token edit.
These will now all be (at best possibility) separated.
I.e. you can use specify the branch and voice of your advert.
estonian

Post by estonian »

Hi Bernd,

thank you for the valueable update!
But it seems, the computers with newer versions of ProppFrexx have sort of forgotten about the Priority thing in campaigns. I have a campaign here with a priority of 150 that will not be the first on the list regardless of how many times I generate the ad block, whereas on the ProppFrexx 4.2 versions the same campaign has never failed to be the first of the adbreak.
Would you mind looking into that?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When specifying a key values (even multiple) it is impossible to also honor the priority of the campaign.

But it sounds, like you might have the same request like in this ticket?
viewtopic.php?t=3484

In v4.2 you stated correctly, that the key was not always honored when a priority is given. That was changed, correctly.