Freezing but still playing

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
kirrlaos
Freezing but still playing

Post by kirrlaos »

I've been using proppfrexx for a few years now and just recently got a new computer. When I reinstalled it on the new computer and started using it .. It will just freeze up for a some time, then run for a few seconds and vice versa and I can't do anything with it when it freezes of course, but the music is still playing. I took a look at task manager and when it freezes its not using any cpu .. I'm at a loss here.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Freezing but still playing

Post by radio42 »

The audio processing happens in an extra (non UI) thread. So if that continues, this is an indication, that not the program itself freezes!
But the bad news is, that it seems, that the UI (user interface) is not responding or freezing frequently.
ProppFrexx is a real time application also from the Ii point of view. Many systems are not optimized for that. Eg. when YouTube an Office app, no one would even notice, when the UI shortly freezes.
Unfortunately Incan not do anything from an application point of view about it.
You need to contact your administrator or system vendor to report such issue. I am sorry to be. It of more help.
But as ProppFrexx runs fine on my other systems since years - the issue must unfortunately be in your environment.
kirrlaos
Re: Freezing but still playing

Post by kirrlaos »

Thanks for getting back to me, I'll try to trouble shoot more on my end. I had windows 10 before this on my old computer and now windows 11, still using a amd computer like my last one, just better hardware. I'll see if I can figure it out I love this program and I don't wanna have to stop using it