More settings per user

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Kyle FM
More settings per user

Post by Kyle FM »

Hi Bernd

We have 2 different radio stations in the same studio. Right now each station has it's own ProppFrexx configuration, but this proves difficult to maintain as every settings change must be duplicated.

To fix this we want to work with user accounts that contain user specific settings:
  • Global config file path: this will contain all of our media libraries & script libraries for a single station
  • Overlay scheduler path
  • Program scheduler path
All other settings are identical between the 2 stations.

So when switching a user these settings would be changed, the playlist would be closed (this can be done using a control command with "OnUserLogin") and the playlist using the scheduler from the other station would be configured.

Is this something that would be possible? Thank you!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: More settings per user

Post by radio42 »

This is not the concept of ProppFrexx, I am sorry. This can not be achieved.

You need one instance and license per station, ie. one set of config files containing all settings per station.
Kyle FM

Post by Kyle FM »

Ok I understand, thank you for the reply.

Is it be possible to add some user controls to switch between program/advertising schedulers? How would this work?

For the rest I decided to setup one global config file containing scrips & media libraries for both stations by adding a prefix.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure, what you mean. You can already use and open either the program or overlay scheduler.
What do you mean by ‚switching between‘ them?
You actually have to either open one of it.
Kyle FM

Post by Kyle FM »

I want to add a button for each station in the User Commands to switch the advertisment en scheduler path to the path of the station and reload the correct playlist.