Automatic login as specific user

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Kyle FM
Automatic login as specific user

Post by Kyle FM »

Hi Bernd

We have 2 ProppFrexx instances on the same computer. Both instances have an "Admin" and a "Presenter" UAC account. The Presenter account is locked down to only the features we want to expose in the studio. When a presenter has to switch to another ProppFrexx instance (closing the current open one and opening the new instance) they have to always enter the login details.

Would it be possible to add an autologin to one specific user at boot? Such that our presenters do not have to enter a password, but our admin's can still login as admin if changes to the settings are required?

Thank you!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Automatic login as specific user

Post by radio42 »

That means, that the ‚Presenter‘ would be a default user without any password?!
Is that what you want? Eg. no login for that default user?
Kyle FM

Post by Kyle FM »

Yes exactly, if that would be possible.

The same behavior as UAC disabled, but one account does not require a password and is automatically selected at startup (no login menu should show up, unless explicitly signing out)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Honestly I don’t understand the issue, as where is the problem by selecting a user from a combobox and entering a small password?
Are users unable to do that? Is it too time consuming?

Don’t get me wrong, I simply want to understand your issue. As when UAC is activated you must use username/password. I understand your wish - but this doesn’t make much sense to me, as it always requires a default user and other customers might not have such.
But selecting a user and entering a password is nothing which sounds critical or harmful?
Kyle FM

Post by Kyle FM »

In some cases we have 2 live programs right after each other on the different stations. There are only a few minutes between those so users have to switch ProppFrexx instances rather quickly. We didn't have a login before, but I had to introduce this to make sure users were not accidentally closing panels and to lock specific settings to an admin only. Since introducing this more users find it difficult to switch in time, which wasn't the case before.

Logging in isn't hard and not really time consuming, but it is another extra step that we want to prevent.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I leave it on the wish list, but see no urgent need for this change, as you can give a very short password, selecting that is a matter of seconds, which should not effect your work.
Kyle FM

Post by Kyle FM »

Hi Bernd

Apparently setting no password for a user, and selecting the user as the default user automatically logs in the user. I did not know this but it is already implemented in a previous version :D