changes folder patch in playlist template folder

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
marvex
changes folder patch in playlist template folder

Post by marvex »

When creating Playlist Template on program scheduler - by "default" the folder is P:\2raTorgi\..
Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 09.30.19.png
before occasionally, but lately it has occurred more often System offers the Base folder like : C:\Users\box1...
Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 09.28.39.png
And I don't find any way where it comes or where I can force that the folder must be P:\2raTorgi\---

I will also include an example of how often this actually happens, and then it is quite a task to get these ready-made hours/shows right again, so that they will still actually play on the air
Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 22.26.17.png
until yesterday i suspected one our editor, but yesterday that same path also appeared on our news editor's computer and the path was c:\Users\box1

editor username/computer name is box1, but news computer / username on system is news ( c:\users\news...
radio42
Site Admin
Re: chPlaylistanges folder patch in playlist template folder

Post by radio42 »

By default, if the folder was never set, the 'App User Root Folder' is used (this is the one you experiance).
However, you can set the "Playlist Template Path" in the general setting, as shown here:
VTBaseFolder.png
Each time you use the Playlist Template Wizard, the last used folder will set this value as well. E.g. if you change the folder in the template dialog, that above given folder will be changed to this last used folder. However, you can always change the template folder in the general settings again.

In addition the folder might also be synced with the VT Path of the User Settings (see the User Settings at the very top right 'user icon' menu):
VTPath.png
marvex
Re: changes folder patch in playlist template folder

Post by marvex »

I think I understood your explanations well.
I should rephrase my initial explanation - That for some reason goes the default settings (C:\Users\Box1..) , and that the path must be shown again (P:\2raTorgi\EditedTimes..)
And so far no reason has been found why system switches back to default.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: changes folder patch in playlist template folder

Post by radio42 »

The system can only switch to the defaults, if the settings (ie. the config file) would get lost (eg. it gets deleted) or if you explicitly click on the button to reset all settings to its default values or if a user clears the above given values.

As explained, in the code there are only three places where these values are set:
- in the general settings dialog when you click OK
- in the user settings dialog when you click OK
- when you finished your template playlist wizard