not saving metadata

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
lorenzo
not saving metadata

Post by lorenzo »

Hi,
I'm currently add PF metadata Tags to my songs with PF Tagger, i save the metadata Tag and the metadata files.
The problem appears only when i open the songs in PF On Air that all my metadata disappears, this is frustrating and i don't know what to do, the only solution that i can think of is downloading them once again.
The point is that i don't understand why this happens only to some of them in what seems to be a random order.
Do you have any ideas?
Best regards,
Lorenzo
radio42
Site Admin
Re: not saving metadata

Post by radio42 »

Note, that when you have track loaded via a media library, that these meta data is cacched into memory.
Eg. you need to reload or rescan the media library when you change the meta data outside of ProppFrexx!

Have you done that?

But when you eg. drag and drop a track from the Windows Explorer directly to the playlist, it’s meta data will immediately be read from the file directly.

And as a suggestion: I would decide where you want to store meta data (ie. either only store them in the file or only use the extra .pfmd file) but don’t store them in both - this is hard to keep in sync - and normally never needed. Ie. only save them as TAG data to the audio file.