jingles

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Johan
jingles

Post by Johan »

A few questions about jingles.

1ste.
You have a track without an outro and a track without an intro. can you then somehow select that he takes a liners (with effect) the software and not a sweeper (accapela)

2de
you have an hour opener, for example the birthday person of the day and the software takes a track from the system that complies with the tagging. But what if you don't have an artist for that day. Can you ensure that that jingle is not played?

3th
how do you prevent a jingle from being played 5 minutes before the end of the hour;

4th
you have an overlay every half hour, for example with a radio classic or back in time. How do you prevent the jingle from appearing 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after the overlay? sometimes a jingle comes back to the 90s without a track because the overlay is there and it goes back to the 80s, 70s, 60s...... or afterwards a jingle comes back to the 90s with a track. incorrect track because the overlay has come.

5th
How do you prevent this from playing during the hour, i.e. not with a toth or overlay, 2 jingles in a row, for example a liner followed by a sweeper. We sometimes have this because I suspect that there are not enough tracks in a certain category. but I'm not sure about the latter
radio42
Site Admin
Re: jingles

Post by radio42 »

Of course you can select any track/jingle as a transition track between two. Just drag and drop that track to the playlist and adjust the segue as needed with the segue editor.
Or what do you exactly mean?
If you are talking about the 'Automatic Track Insert Transition Option' for that script-line, this specific script-line (the resulting track itself) is applied as a track transition. If you select an mode starting with "VO:..." the track stays as its own track in the playlist (I guess this is what you called, a liner).
If you select any mode not starting with "VO:..." that resulting track is handled as a real track insert transition. See here: viewtopic.php?p=7170#p7170

If you specify 'None', you can also defined a Auto.Sweeper. Select a cartwall library which should be used as an automatic sweeper library.
If set, a sweeper track is automatically selected from that library (matching/less than the ramp time of the related track picked by this script-line) and added as an 'EndsWithRampOfNextTrack' track insert-transition to this track.

You mean skip the opening track (i.e. script-line 1) if your filter of the script-line 2 doesn't find any track and as such that script-line is also skipped?
If this is what you mean, the answer is no.
Else, please explain in more details your use case.

Don't schedule it in your script, e.g. define as many script-line as needed for the hour and don't insert a jingle near the end.
But if that is just a script, which loops OR you use the global script 'Jingles' option, you can not ensure this.

Same as above at 3. How do you schedule Jingles today?
But, you can define a 'Suppress Filter' for Overlays in the general settimgs, section Script/Scheduler.
Select all the media entry types which should be ejected/suppressed within the current playlist when an overlay is about to start.
This allows you to prevent, that these media types are played either directly before or after the overlay.
Note: This function is only in effect, if an Overlay has the 'ApplySuppressFilter' option set (which is an option in the Overlay Editor) as well as this option!
If enabled the Overlay-Player will eject any track matching the defined suppress filter media types which are currently loaded to any (not playing) DJ Players. This effectively happens two times:
a) once the Overlay is shown (and waiting) - to eject upcoming tracks before the overlay starts to play
b) once the Overlay started its playout - to eject subsequent tracks following the overlay playout

Same as above. i.e. don't schedule two jingles back to back in your script!
But you can also define a 'Script Rule...' in the script itself by clicking on the named button.
This lets you define additional restrictive script-rules to be considered when scheduling tracks from the script.
Script rules allow you to define conditions for a previous and next scheduled track. If these conditions match, the next scheduled track might be either supressed (discarded) or deferred until the condition is satisfied.
Johan

Post by Johan »

Hi Bernd

1ste.
we use a script where the jingles come from a cart wall; That cart wall contains liners (jingles with a sound effect or sound) and Sweepers (jingles dryly recorded with only text without effect or sound). These jingles are also tagged as liner or sweeper. If possible if track a has an outro and track b has an intro, it makes sense to have a sweeper choose it. The same if A has no outro but B has an intro or vice versa. However, when A and B do not have an outro/intro, it seems logical to me to take a liner from the cart wall.

2de
No,an overlay has been created that looks like this, Starts with a jingle and the second contains a line with the track (selection is made using a filter.), suppose the overlay is empty, can it be skipped if the condition is not met?

3de
Yes we using a script and each 2 or 3 records there is a jingle. of course I guessed what the end of the script is and didn't place any jingles there, but everything depends on the length of your tracks of course.

4th
thanks I didn't know this. I'll look into this over the next few days

5th
Yeah we are using diferent scipts. ok same as 4

Thanks again to Bernd for the extensive answers and tips.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

1. ProppFrexx has no logic to analyze a previous and next track (if they contain an intro or outro) and depending on that decide which jingle (liner or sweeper) to choose.

2. That is exactly what I tried to explain. You want to skip the entire script (which in your case has only 2 script-lines), if the 2nd line doesn’t return any track.
If you are using the advert management, this would be possible (starter and closers are not considered if no real advert is assigned). But not for script based overlays this does not exist, as ProppFrexx doesn’t suppress scripts, if certain lines doesn’t return a track.

3. There is no logic to suppress script-lines depending on its time within an hour.

4. Ok

5. Each program has only one script assigned. So you cannot have 2 scripts.
You can of course use the Execute mode in a script, but still you can define the Rule in that main script.