Remote VoiceTracking Playlist Only Bug

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Kyle FM
Remote VoiceTracking Playlist Only Bug

Post by Kyle FM »

Hi Bernd

The last version introduced a bug with Remote VoiceTracking.

When checking "Playlist Only" in the window half of the playlist is missing once it is opened. When not checking this parameter all files are displayed as expected.

This was not the case before the RVT changes in the last version.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Remote VoiceTracking Playlist Only Bug

Post by radio42 »

I just tried it here with the latest v4.4.3.2 and can NOT reproduce your issue.

What version are you using (must be the same on both server and client and must be v4.4.3.2)?
How are you testing thing?

Note, that while you do RVT various files will be created:
1. On the client, there will be a folder created (in your defined directory) with the data and time for that playlist, e.g. 20240117_2200.
This folder will contain a few files (e.g. xxx.pfp and xxx.pfp.remote and xxx.rvt). Please send send this folder to me.

2. On the server, , there will also be a folder created (in your defined target directory) with the data and time for that playlist, e.g. 20240117_2200.
This folder will also contain a few files (e.g. xxx.pfp and xxx.pfp.local). Please send send this folder also to me.

In my tests (I just made one more), these folders contain exactly the same and ALL playlists (except the locations of the files might be different); but the same number of entries.
So if they are different in your case, I assume, that the reason must be different and is probably not related to the recent change.
Kyle FM

Post by Kyle FM »

Hi Bernd

I am investigating further. It only occurs on our studio PCs, not on any remote computer. I will try to reproduce this on a test setup. Keeping you informed when I find the issue.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The studio PC is not your main ProppFrexx instance, I assume?
As else, you can not do a RVT session directly on the server - but you can of course pre-generate a playlist there, but that is a different use case and menu…