Stream Titlle Update

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Michiel Bouwmeester
Stream Titlle Update

Post by Michiel Bouwmeester »

Dear Bernd,

I am trying to update de stream tittles through PF but sometimes is doesnot work (as I planned).
I think this is due to my timing, but not sure. I use it to give the syndicated files (that have funny names) to show propper on the stream. As example: "tijdcapsule1.mp3" shows as Universe Radio - De Tijdcapsule met Rob Govers.
This is the last line in the script. (normally the script only has 2 lines)
So far all works

The Overlay player starts the TOH jingle, News en Kick-off jingle. (3 files) In the overlay I have set the "title update" to use the overlay name, because that is propperly formatted for us. This also works with out any problem.

About 50% of the time it works, the other 50% it stays stuck on the Overlay title..

The overlay starts at the hour, fixed. It shows 30sec in advance. The duraction is set to 1 minute. This however can be different due to the news being longer (or shorter). I start the show at Hour + 00.40, soft with a max delay of 60 sec.
This way I always fits with the news.

I think my problem here is the the program starts when the overlay is still active?
If so how would you time it ?
Michiel Bouwmeester
Re: Stream Titlle Update

Hi Bernd,

To make it easier my answers in you roriginal post.
radio42 wrote:I am not sure, if I understand you corrently?!
Is your issue the start of the subsequent program or is your issue simply the streaming title update? Stream title update
If it is the latter, are you saying, that in 50% of your cases the song title is not correctly updated?Yes
And if yes, are you saying, that the streaming song title doesn't update with the track being played by the playlist, but instead the streaming song title stays with the already updates 'Overlay Name'?The overlay is showed as it should, hower the program name is not (or only 50% of the time. It then stays on the overlay title)
And if yes, doesn't the streaming song title change at latest with the next playlist track being played?IF a new track is played after the overlay has closed, it gets propperly updated
Can you explain the observed behaviour and your expected behaviour in a bit more detail?!
Example: The news runs through an overlay at 17.00.00 It has "title updates set to "use overlay name:. Then at 17.00.40 the new program starts. In this script it has a line to update the stream with name of that program (so not the track name) This only works 50% of the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes the overlay title stay's active.

And is your Overlay suspending the playlist? Yes it is set to "suspend"
What I am trying to do is have my syndicated programs show a propper stream title. Because most of the time de dj's give the files a strange name and i donnot want that name on the stream.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure, if I understand you corrently?!
Is your issue the start of the subsequent program or is your issue simply the streaming title update?
If it is the latter, are you saying, that in 50% of your cases the song title is not correctly updated?
And if yes, are you saying, that the streaming song title doesn't update with the track being played by the playlist, but instead the streaming song title stays with the already updates 'Overlay Name'?
And if yes, doesn't the streaming song title change at latest with the next playlist track being played?
Can you explain the observed behaviour and your expected behaviour in a bit more detail?!
And is your Overlay suspending the playlist?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Okay, I understand.
So what is the exact way within your program script resp. script-line to update the streaming title manually?
Are you using an 'Execute' script-line to do so?
if yes, note, that the related 'Execute' command is effectively executed when the script-line is effectively triggered - which might be ahead of the efective play time (as it is executed when new tracks are scheduled from the script to the playlist).

Instead, have you tried the related program control-command events ('On Program Started')?
I.e. instead of using a script-line to execute a control-command you might click on the 'Control-Commands...' button within the program editor (double-click on the program entry from within the program scheduler) and use the 'On Program Started' events to trigger the manual song title update.

However, you should also set the 'SupressSongTitleUpdate' script-line option with the tracks not properly tagged, as only this would prevent, any song title updates with that specific track!
Michiel Bouwmeester

Hi Bernd,

It is clear (I think) why it doesnot work as I intended: "note, that the related 'Execute' command is effectively executed when the script-line is effectively triggered"
Since the overlay is still active the tittle update is (somtimes) ignored I asume?

I will try changing to the "on program" commands and will let you know if that works ok.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As a side note:
If you know, that certain tracks (which you load via e.g. a 'LoadTrack' script-line) doesn't contain propper TAGs and as such should not be considered for streaming song title updates, you might also do the following:
a) set the 'SupressSongTitleUpdate' option for that specific script-line
b) assign a manual streaming song title update control-command for that script-line (click on the arrow icon in the options column and use the 'On Track Played' event)