Next Item Start

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
csaba1986
Next Item Start

Post by csaba1986 »

Hi there,

I really like the options "Insert Track Transition but (maybe I'm wrong and just can't see it) I don't find a very useful transition.
And it would be a real insert, more how this logic override temporary the cue points in the Playlist for the selected files.

Logic:

Is there a Ramp for the next track:
- No: No transition = play the item as an individual track from the Next cue point of the next track (keep as it is, no transition)
- Yes: Next Song's Ramp is equal or grater than the "Insert track" length = Play the "Insert track" from Cue In point (or the previous track Next point - same)
- Yes: Next Song's Ramp is less than the "Insert"" track length = Start Playing the "Insert track" with the previous song Next cue point and Start Play the next song the (Ramp length - Insert Track length).

Here is some examples:
Ramp is Longer:
ramp is longer.jpg
Ramp is shorter:
ramp is shorter.jpg
Please Note:
The "Insert Track" length always means between Cue In point and Next Point, not the full length of the track.

Jazler Radio Star had this option (I think the Soho kept this as well) for referrence.

Many thanks for considering.

Thanks,
Csaba
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Next Item Start

Post by radio42 »

I haven’t checked all your exact requirements. But to leave the transition track as an independent track in the playlist, use the „VO…“ transitions.
There is for all possible scenarios a related transition available.
In you case, itbspunds exactly like the existing transition called: „VO: End with Ramp of Next Track“

Here is a topic about almost the same topic: viewtopic.php?p=7170
csaba1986

Post by csaba1986 »

Well, the VO: Start with CueIn or End with Ramp of Next Track.
Almost cover everything but only one is missing is this logic:

Next Song's Ramp is less than the "Insert"" track length = Start Playing the "Insert track" with the previous song Next cue point and Start Play the next song the (Ramp length - Insert Track length point). - second screenshot in my previous post.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Here is an example I was just creating with the "VO: Start with CueIn or End with Ramp of Next Track"

The Insert Track is longer than the Ramp time. I.e. this exactly matches your condition:
Next Song's Ramp is less than the "Insert"" track length = Start Playing the "Insert track" with the previous song Next cue point and Start Play the next song the (Ramp length - Insert Track length point). - second screenshot in my previous post.
So this is does exactly what you require:
a) Start Playing the "Insert track" with the previous song Next cue point - DONE/OKAY
b) Start Play the next song the (Ramp length - Insert Track length point) - DONE/OKAY

Can you explain me in the above example - what you believe is wrong here?!
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-07 202350.png