one fader 2 players

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: one fader 2 players

Post by radio42 »

I still don’t understand why exactly you need a new macro to get a time position Info of a standby player?!
Isn’t the Info, that a standby player is playing enough?!
And if not, why?
tatje

Post by tatje »

Hi Bernd,
The situation is such that when I move the fader of the mixing console up, the track starts playing in the standby player. As soon as I close the fader again, the track is removed from the standby player.
It sometimes happens that one quickly starts the fader after an announcement from the presenter and then quickly closes the fader again and then the track disappears.
by entering a time of 5 seconds, so within these 5 seconds the fader stops and the track remains loaded, above these 5 seconds the track may disappear.
Hopefully I have explained it well what I want to achieve.

I also use this function in the playlist players and it works perfectly there.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Why do you eject the Standby?
I would stop and rewind the standby player!

That would completely solve your issue. As for a standby you would need to load a new track manually anyhow. So just don’t eject it when you close the fader.
tatje

Post by tatje »

Oke Bernd, i tried your suggestion (Why do you eject the Standby?
I would stop and rewind the standby player!)

Thanks!
robbedoeske

Post by robbedoeske »

Is this also possible with a velleman interface? And how would the iov file look like?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, this is also possible with the Velleman. The control-commands are exactly the same as above. I don’t have a iov file, but it is a simple mapping of the Velleman state to the command. Very simple.
robbedoeske

Post by robbedoeske »

Hmm i can not get it working.
This is my iov file

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <sectionGroup name="ProppFrexx">
      <section name="VELLEMANMAP" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler, System, Culture=neutral, Custom=null" />
    </sectionGroup>
  </configSections>
  <ProppFrexx>
    <VELLEMANMAP>
      <add key="0" value="0|1|EXEC_COMMAND2 ${autoplay}|Equals(1)|PLS_CURRENT_PAUSENOFADE_CURRENT${_NL}EXEC_COMMAND2 ${autoplay}|Equals(0)|EXEC_COMMAND2 ${cpltimepos}|Greater(5.0)|PLS_CURRENT_EJECT_CURRENT${_NL}EXEC_COMMAND2 ${autoplay}|Equals(0)|EXEC_COMMAND2 ${cpltimepos}|Less(5.0)|PLS_CURRENT_PAUSENOFADE_CURRENT${_NL}EXEC_COMMAND2 ${autoplay}|Equals(1)|SHOW_COUNTDOWN 3600|PLAYLIST IS STILL ON AUTOMATIC" />
    </VELLEMANMAP>
  </ProppFrexx>
</configuration>
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You do not edit the file directly. But ist the GPIO Client to configure it!
Then you can use the ‘Monitor…’ button to check its operation.
I don’t have a Velleman and Behringer myself, so I can not send you an example …
robbedoeske

Post by robbedoeske »

I did not edit de file, just configured the gpio client with the settings above. When i click on "test" button it shows oke, but it just do not work properly. No song is starting from the playlist. When i activate pin 0 it shows the rules in monitor so that is working.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So it did trigger the command? Eg. start with something simple. Eg. EXEC_SHOW_ALERT

However, I don’t know what you want to achieve, but the user here was looking for something very special. And in the above sequence he only PAUSES or EJECTS the current player, but never STARTS it.