Cover Art (atumatic assignement?)

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Cover Art (atumatic assignement?)

Post by radio42 »

Sorry to say, but this is simply not correct and might be missleading.
PF never reads other pictures as explained above and picture TAGs are only from the related audio file.
As already explained above: most commonly there might be 'hidden' files existing in the related audio folder.
Note, that by default the Windows explorer doesn't show hidden files - so in order to make them visible you must adjust your Windows explorer settings to also show any 'hidden' files.
However, you can surely send my your 2 files in question to take a look at.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

:-( Thank you Bernd. Of course, you were right. I had to show protected operating system files and I found Maaaaany album.jpg and folder.jpg files. Deleted them a it seems fine now.

Can you also advice how can I avoid such behaviour of windows, i.e. OS does not create such files? By the way, why windows creates them?
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Those 'hidden' files are created by some players (e.g. the Windows Media Player) - so there is not much I can do about it.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Some players or only WMP? I could simply uninstall WMP as I do not use it. But if other players do it also, there is really no other way than to check on some regular basis if such a file was created. :-(
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I have seen a few other players as well - I have even seen iTunes doing so (but not sure, if it still behaving that way).
But of course I don't know how all other players behave.
I do not recommend uninstalling WMP, as this might also uninstall some WMA codecs.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

OK, thank you. So only regular check comes into consideration. At least I know I did not do something wrong but only windows live its life on its own. As usual. :-))
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

BTW, how is it with albums for tracks not having defined any album name? PF just takes name of folder in which the perspective track exists? Is it necessary? For me it would be better if track does not have any concrete album name defined = no album info is found. I think we already have discussed it in old forum and you told it is necessary for some reason but I forgot for which one.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

See the 'Extended TAG Options', option 'Use Folder as Album Default'.
Only if checked, PF would use the folder as the default name for the 'Album', if no album name is given in the TAG data.
So it sounds like in your case you should uncheck this option.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

This option is unchecked. Could it be I used it earlier and album name (generated from folder name) was saved to track´s TAG and PF noew uses this name as album name?
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, of course this could be the case.