Advertising Manager Dynamics Execption

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
bebo_saed
Advertising Manager Dynamics Execption

Post by bebo_saed »

Hello Bernd,

There is a feature that i hope that it would be in PFOA, in the advertising manager specially for the dynamic overlay setting, i hope that there will be any extend option for the campaigns, when i first set the advert end date it only sets the the ads for the slots inside this date which is logically very good, but some times the advertiser renews his campaigns or extend it, that requires reassigning the advertisement slot for the new period, an extend option would save a lot of time while taking in consecrations holidays times as set in the old campaign :)

another thing in the dynamic AD settings i hope that an options added to the filter and this happen to be as follows: for EX.
i want to set this ad to play in 7 days of the week from 6 PM to 10 PM (except 8:30 slot 9:10 Slot 9:40 Slot), that helps in not setting the ADs in a time of recorded news or segment or sponsored time.

Hope to see those options in a next update.. :)
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Advertising Manager Dynamics Execption

Post by radio42 »

Thanks for your recommendation...I'll take a look what can be done...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I hope that there will be any extend option for the campaigns
Can you please further explain the option you are looking for a bit further...
You might actually already simply change/adjust the "Start Date" and "End Date" of a campaign.
E.g. to extend or renew a campaigns date range - just change it accordingly.
Note, that you might disable the 'Show Active Only' option in the main ribbon to still view/see all already inactive campaigns.
Is that what you are looking for?
If not, please explain what exactly you are looking for.

Dynamic AD settings - an options added to the filter
A time exception filter option might indeed be added to the next version.
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

Hi Bernd

For you first inquiry the AD can be extended of only the ad slots are set from the assign window not from the dynamic window, when you set the dynamic slots for EX a month and after this month ends and you want to set the campaign to a new window you must re assign all dynamic slots for the new month, it would be very useful if there is an extend option for the campaigns that only sets the new period and all the dynamic slots are re assigned to the new month as for the old one
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure, if that is really possible, as the dynamic assignments can not really be persisted (e.g. the dynamic settings and filters used are nowhere saved, and you might even use multiple dynamic assignments) - as such I currently do not see a way to simply extend dynamic assignments...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The new v3.0.11.46 now contains the two options as described by you:

a) a new time except filter was added to the dynamic overlay assignment.
Here you might specify any time exceptions in the format HH:mm or HH.
Multiple values are either separated by semicolon or comma. Example: 08:15, 13:45, 16

b) the last used dynamic overlay assignment settings are now saved per campaign.
As such, when you reopen/use the dynamic overlay assignment (e.g. because you extended the campaign) the last used settings are restored and can be used again.
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

Bernd That's Just Perfect, never been better, thank you very much for the update it's working great.

Many Thanks Again :)