Overlay manual play bug ?

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
hdradio
Overlay manual play bug ?

Post by hdradio »

I 've let the program without playing anything.
I've set Stand Alone overlays.
So at a scheduled time an overlay popped up. It was soft start. I then changed to manual play.
When I click Play instead of playing each item, it opened in internal browser the following xml:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
- <playlist version="1" xmlns:pf="http://proppfrexx.radio42.com" xmlns="http://xspf.org/ns/0/">
  <title>Spot break Closer</title> 
  <creator>ProppFrexx ONAIR</creator> 
  <date>2013-11-01T14:31:59.5732421+02:00</date> 
  <trackList /> 
  </playlist>
Also can not change item positions in overlay player with alt + arrows.

And if you delete all the items and click play:

Code: Select all

09/03/2014 23:44:34 [v3.0.12.14]:********** Error/Exception Information **********
Error Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Error Type: System.NullReferenceException
Error Source: ProppFrexx ONAIR.Void a(System.Object, System.ComponentModel.ProgressChangedEventArgs)
********** System Stack Trace **********
   at ProppFrexx.Player.b.a(Object A_0, ProgressChangedEventArgs A_1)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnProgressChanged(ProgressChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.ProgressReporter(Object arg)
********** End **********
hdradio
Re: Overlay manual play bug ?

Post by hdradio »

a) This is only allowed if you have specified the "AllowEditing" option with the overlay scheduler entry. Have you specified that option?

Yes all the overlays have the following flags enabled:
AllowEditing, AllowDelay, AllowCancel, AllowModeratorChanges.

b) As such, it must be the case, that your track in question is an non-playable track (or having an un-recognized file extensions)!

The track to play is a .pfp file having (currently) no tracks.
Following is a normal audio file but it does not play at all if the previous track is not played.

Playback is manual. StartType is manual and option Manual Playout is checked.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

Positions can also not be changed once playback was started. Might this be the case?
Not it has not started.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

You are right.
I thought it was ALT + arrow keys.

Also I can't understand why sometimes I can and sometimes I can not open the menu at the bottom of overlay window by clicking at "Start at:" where I can change the start options.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It depends on the time you click on it.
Once the overlay started its internal processing (short before the effective playout) you are not allowed to edit it anymore.
PLUS you MUST of course set the resp. option within the overlay scheduler entry to "AllowModeratorChanges".
And in case you have UAC enabled - that user profile must have the right "AllowOverlayModeration".
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

The pop up help screen over Start At: shows ALT + arrows for moving items and not Shift + ALT + arrows. That's why I was trying a wrong key combination.

Also when in manual mode, the first track plays, then I have to play each item manually.
But when I click play the next item do not play, it just skips to the next item and so on.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

a) Exception:
There is indeed a check missing if you delete ALL tracks to be played in an overlay.
As I didn't expect someone to delete ALL overlay items and then pressing PLAY...however, that will be fixed in the next version.

b) Can not change item positions:
This is only allowed if you have specified the "AllowEditing" option with the overlay scheduler entry. Have you specified that option?
Positions can also not be changed once playback was started. Might this be the case?

c) Internal browser shows XML.
The default behavior for non-playable tracks (or un-recognized file extensions) specified within the overlay is indeed to open them within the internal web browser!
This is by design and is effectively a feature - e.g. to display external content or moderator information (like text, web-info etc.)

As such, it must be the case, that your track in question is an non-playable track (or having an un-recognized file extensions)!
Recognized file extensions are:
- all supported audio file formats
- all supported playlist file formats
- .txt; .rtf; .html; .docx; .odt (denoting a text format being displayed in the TrackInfo panel)
- all others are un-recognized and are being displayed in the web-browser

How does your overlay scheduler entry looks like?
Is it a script or an Advert-Slot you are using? If it is an Advert-Slot - how does your Advert-Slot definition in the Avert Manager look like?
And what other options have you specified (looks like you are using a 'Spot Break Closer')! What have you specified here - a valid track or playlist filename or may be a wrong extension?
Also. the displayed content looks like not a valid playlist format.
So there must be something wrong with your Advert-Slot definition!

Did you change the 'StartType' to 'Manual' or did you specify the 'Manual Playout' option?
Also note, that the 'Play' button just starts playback.
Here is the exact meaning of the

StartType=Manual:
The overlay will be shown right on time but needs to be started manually!

Manual Playout option:
If checked the overlay entries (playlist) must be played out manually one by one - by using the PLAY button in the overlay player.
If the start type is not set to 'Manual' the first track however might start automatically.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Of course each tack has to play manually, if you selected the 'Manual Playout' option - that the whole point of that option.

But I case the (next) track can not be played, this can only happen, if the (next) tracks are not available or un-playable (either the file is not present or like your spot break closer being an empty playlist?).
Have you checked that?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I just tried it here and it is working just fine!

Are you really using the right keyboard combo to move tracks up and down: SHIFT+ALT + arrow-up or arrow-down?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

to a) : Positions can also not be changed once playback was started. Might this be the case?

to b) Ahh, yes, you are right - if the playlist file is empty it is also considered as a non-playable track, which is not quite correct.
This indeed needs to be changed.