REC button for standard user

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
XTended
REC button for standard user

Post by XTended »

Is there a possibility for an individual RECORD button when our people are logged in as standard user.
As an administrator I won't give rights for the Mixer tool, cause than the settings can be changed by different people who use ProppFrexx.
Point is: in case of emercency when ProppFrexx has to reboot during broadcast, recording stops. End of story.
So it would be great when after rebooting the user can click on RECORD to manual start the recording of their show.

If not possible, I can understand cause there are already so many nice features in the tool ;-)
XTended
Re: REC button for standard user

Post by XTended »

Yes I mean the existing REC buttons in the main mixer: I like to have that REC button for recording a radioshow into the layout for STANDARD users, so they can - in case of no automatic recording, manually swith recording during their radioshow.

For example if rebooting ProppFrexx is necessary than automatic recording will stop. After rebooting they can manually press the REC button.

This week we had a live band in a radioshow and the dj had to reboot due to an error. So only a part of the show was recorded. After rebooting he wish to have such a manual button for recording, cause he have no administrator rights. Only Martijn and I have administrator rights, because we know what we;re doing ;-)
Attachments
main-mixer_OPNAM_REC.jpg
main-mixer_OPNAM_REC.jpg (135.61 KiB) Viewed 5627 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So why don't you setup a 'User Command' button for that?
And use the control-command(s) MIXER_INPUT_REC_TOGGLE, MIXER_INPUT_REC_ON resp. MIXER_INPUT_REC_OFF ?

The user commands are then available from within the ribbon gallery resp. the dedicated User Commands window panel.
XTended

Post by XTended »

Didnt know that was possible !
Thanks for your feedback Bernd !
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am not really sure what 'RECORD' button you mean resp. what 'Mixer Tool' you mean...? Can you clarify...
Do you mean the existing 'REC' buttons in the mixer channels?
If yes, do you want to disable them for Administrators (not, that Admins by default always get all rights, as it is assumed, that Admins know what they are doing)?