Confusion with overlay countdown timer

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
hdradio
Re: Confusion with overlay countdown timer

Post by hdradio »

Bernd,
We understand differently the "last minute".

You say I can change the overlay to manual to the last second.
And you mean BEFORE this overlay shows up. What if overlay has already shown ?

For me, "last minute" is a few seconds before the song finishes and before the (already visible) overlay starts.
That time (when the overlay can not be delayed anymore) the only option you have is to cancel the overlay.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

ok.
Can you tell me how can I change the overlay to manual when it's already shown and the delay button has disappeared ?
The menu you mention (at the left of overlay status bar) is only enabled while the "delay" button is visible.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

I would say that is up to the last second just as you want it.
I started this topic because it's not as I want it.

Most of my overlays are set to delay up to 120secs. It means that the overlay can stay there for 2 minutes, without the possibility to delay and the only option to have is to "Play" or "Cancel" it.
If that is considered "Last minute change", I stop this topic here.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Hmm, the topic was started about the confusing timer display...which I changed.
Then you asked why the Delay button disappears, which I tried to explain as well.
Then I explained how to change the StartType on the fly up until the second of the scheduled start time.
And yes currently I understand 'up to that second' as 'until the last moment'. Eg if you schedule an overlay at 15:45:00 you can change it on the fly up to that time. Yes, for me that is a last moment change.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, if a live show is planned you might change the start type of the overlay to Manual...you can also do this on the fly. If you allowed it in the overlay options you can click on the status bar in the overlay player to change the start type also during the waiting period, eg from Soft to Manual.
I guess a pure Delay would also not help in that case...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes and you can change that to the last second.
And yes you can also change the StartType to Manual up to the last second on the fly.
That is what I am trying to say ;-)

Just allow it in the overlay options that is all (since others do not want to allow these changes by default).
However, if allowed, you can change the StartType til the second before the scheduled start time on the fly as your mood feels. No need to plan that upfront! With plan I mean your planning decision right at that time.
On the fly, just like you want...just click the status bar to change the start type.
I am not sure what more you need. Do I oversee something?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No No.
This is NOT what I am saying :-)
Please read my posts above!
You can change the start type WITHIN the overlay player which means when it is already shown!
Up to the last second of its planned start time - not showing time!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Okay again.
You can change the start type when allowed in the overlay settings by clicking on the overlay players status bar (where the current start type and time is displayed). This will open a popup window where you can change the start type.
This is as said possible up until the scheduled start time. Eg when you schedule an overlay at 15:45:00 you can change it up until then.

The Delay button as explained disappears at the scheduled start time, eg at 15:45:00.
I would say that is up to the last second just as you want it.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Also note, that you can use the 'Manual Live-Assist' button from the main ribbon to force a manual start type of an overlay.

In v3.0.14.15 you can even toggle to Live-Assist mode while the overlay player waits for the end of the track.
In that case it gives you another 3 minutes to manually start playback of the overlay (in the very very last second ;-)
If you didn't start it manually in that time frame, it starts playback by itself...