Switching to live mode while in auto and the opposite.

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
hdradio
Switching to live mode while in auto and the opposite.

Post by hdradio »

I have a question on how to move from a live show to a scheduled playlist and the opposite.

I 'll give you an example:
There is a scheduled program playing (18:00 to 21:00).
At 20:00 I want to start a live show.
There is a commercial overlay at 20:00.
At 19:45 I create a new playlist for my show.
At 19:59 my commercial overlay appears. I click the "manual Live-Assist" button.
I wait for the song (started at 19:58) to finish. I then click "Play" to play the overlay.
While the overlay is playing, I close the current playlist so only the my new playlist is open.
When the overlay ends, I click F9 to start my new Playlist.

Question:
How can I start the new playlist after the overlay automatically, without needing to click F9.

Also for the end of the show:
I play my last song (started at 20:59). This will end a 21:03. I don't want it to play until it's end.
The overlay appears at 20:59 and waits to play.

Question 2 (related to Q1):
What is the way to (manually) start the overlay, automatically fade out the playing song and start the new playlist when the overlay ends ?

There are times that the overlay is just a time announce with duration 1-2 secs and I have to start this and then the new program in 1 sec.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Switching to live mode while in auto and the opposite.

Post by radio42 »

How can I start the new playlist after the overlay automatically, without needing to click F9
Instead of already switch to "Manual Live-Assist" mode, you might simply close the scheduled playlist (e.g. while the overlay is playing). In that case the overlay should resume the current playlist once it finished (even though the current playlist isn't the one it used to be before ;-).
Also for the end of the show:
If you have specified the 'Allow Early' start option with the overlay, you might simply fade-out the current player and stop it (e.g. use the 'Play/Pause Use Fading' button; CTRL+F9). This should already trigger the start of the 'waiting' overlay.
What is the way to (manually) start the overlay, automatically fade out the playing song and start the new playlist when the overlay ends
Depends if you are in 'Manual Live-Assist' mode or not. When in 'Manual Live-Assist' mode it is the sequence you already described...meaning doing it yourself...
To '...(manually) start the overlay and automatically fade out the playing song...' you do as described above. Or you manually fade-out the current player (e.g. CTRL+F9 and click on the 'Play' button of the overlay)...or you define yourself a user defined control-command button and assign the following command sequence to it:
PLS_CURRENT_PAUSE_CURRENT
SLEEP 500
OVERLAY_DOPLAY
The other way around ('...start the new playlist when the overlay ends...') is explained above. Or set AutoPlay for your new playlist.

Even if the playtime of the overlay is rather short, you can do all of the above while the overlay is shown and waiting (this is always happening for a quite long time, but can be controlled by yourself). E.g.
- switch to 'Manual Live-Assist' mode
- close your scheduled playlist
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

Bernd I need some more info about this topic because I still can not find a way of doing what I want.

There is a live show and it's switched to live assist mode.
At the end of the show there is a commercial that pops up. This has 2 minutes duration.
I Fade out the current song, start the overlay and close the current playlist. The new scheduled playlist is only shown now.
I now disable the live assist mode.

I want to start the new playlist (or any current playlist) automatically after the overlay and not wait for 2 minutes for it to manually start it.
If during overlay playback I click "Auto Play" the playlist starts playing in parallel with the overlay.

Am I doing something wrong ?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

An overlay currently (only) has a 'Suspend' option, but not a 'Force AutoPlay' option.
As such, an overlay would (only) automatically resume a playlist if it was on AutoPlay beforehand.
When switching playlists while an overlay is playing, any new playlist would only be considered for AutoPlay, if it was started/created by the scheduler automatically and it's StartType was not 'Manual'.

When manually clicking AutoPlay that doesn't consider any currently playing overlay...its a manual action you triggered by hand, as such the system does what it should do and start AutoPlay.
So currently (if a manually created playlist is selected as a follow up) there is no direct way to automatically resume a playlist one the overlay finished.
This is because it was on manual mode before and thus 'AutoPlay' was not suppressed by the overlay...as a result AutoPlay will not be resumed after.

However, I guess I might take a look to the following option (which I guess might even be turned on by default):
When AutoPlay is toggled (to ON) while an overlay is playing, shown or even waiting, I might suppress the effective start of any DJ Player in such a case...so that it will be resumed once the overlay finished...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You might now try the new v3.0.16.14, where the AutoPlay behavior was changed accordingly.

As such, you can now toggle the 'Live Assist' mode directly while the Overlay is playing and if this turns on AutoPlay, it won't start playback of any playlist players anymore.
The playlist would then be resumed once the overlay player has finished and resumes the playlist.