Stop to stream

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
workino
Stop to stream

Post by workino »

Hello Bernd,
this morning i found PFOA stopped to streaming at all and no way to recover until just editing confguration and save. After this PFOA start to stream again. (connect to icecast server).
Last edited by workino on 15 Oct 2014 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
workino
Re: Stop to stream

Post by workino »

Hello Bernd,
no it is no depend about my internet connection because i was able to take it alive only after right clik -> edit setting on stream connection -> don't touching any parameter inside just only save

what i have try to do:
restart PFOA completly (stop/start of streaming function didn't repond at all like disabled)
tried to stop / start straming connection but function stop server and start server are like disabled

i will send you asap my error.log. I have also attached an image how PFOA looked like
Attachments
PFOA_STOP.png
PFOA_STOP.png (79.92 KiB) Viewed 7057 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So from the picture, it looks like the stream was stopped completely!
If it was started before, this can actually only happen, if you did NOT specify the 'Automatic Restart' option in the streaming server configuration settings or if you/someone or a command stopped it!
Can you please show me your streaming server configuration settings ...

However, if you can just restart the streaming server, that doesn't prove, that there is NO internet connection error.
It might have been a temporarily one!

When/where is what disabled? I can not follow...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

a) What did you edit - the streaming server connection?
b) What stopped exactly? the streaming to your server? The playback?

If it was (only) the streaming to your server which stopped, it might also be an issue with your network connection, network driver/card, your streaming provider or your internet provider?!
E.g. some part of it didn't allow a direct reconnect...
I guess, if it was the streaming to your server which stopped, you might have also simply stopped your streaming server and then (re)start it again (opening the streaming server configuration does the same when you click okay but doesn't effectively change any setting).
If there are no related entries in the ProppFrexx 'Error.log' file, I am afraid there is not much of a chance to see exactly what happened, as this might confirm, that the connection error was outside ProppFrexx (as explained above).
workino

Post by workino »

Normally when i have some connection issue it is not in stopped but try to connect or something like that.

it happened today at 3:50~ am but the strange was the only way i can bring back streaming to work is to edit setting and save without make any modification to the streaming parameters.
i will try to clarify. when i saw streaming was stopped i tried to start it again from start server button on context menu but it didn't work at all.

Last error was about 29/09/2014
Attachments
setting.png
setting.png (54.81 KiB) Viewed 7049 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Any news, as I can absolutely not reproduce the issue here!