Standby Player Hotkeys

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
RedPanda
Standby Player Hotkeys

Post by RedPanda »

Are there any hotkeys for the standby players?
I want to program my USB button pad with those hotkeys.
Thanks
Females use radio software too!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Standby Player Hotkeys

Post by radio42 »

Do you mean keyboard shortcuts or control-commands?
If the latter, yes, they all start with STANDBY_... and their first parameter is always the number of the standby player (1..99), e.g.:
STANDBY_PLAYPAUSE 1
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

Yes, I mean keyboard shortcuts. I have no idea how to make control commands.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, there are no direct keyboard shortcuts available for the standby players.
But you can define your own shortcuts using the Hotkey mapping feature, see the general settings, section 'GPIO/Remoting' - and set the 'Keyboard Hotkey Mapping Enabled'. Then click on the related flash icon to define the mapping, there you can assign control-command(s) to a keyboard shortcut.
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

Hi, I tried that but all it did was mess things up and It's so confusing. It didn't seem to work. And there is no clear documentation. That's the one thing I dislike about this software, although it has many option and stuff, you need to be a computer programmer to do anything. I suggest some more wizards in the future for people who don't have time or can't understand to fuss around with such difficult tasks.

Can you give me an example of what to do to program a keyboard combination to fire standby player #1?
(Then I can program this combination into the USB pad and see if it works).

Thanks
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Here is a detailed step by step guide:

Step 1: Go to the general settings, section 'GPIO/Remoting' and enable the 'Keyboard Hotkey Mapping Enabled' option.
Then click on the related flash icon to define the mapping
Step1.jpg
Step1.jpg (102.65 KiB) Viewed 9699 times
Step 2: In the upcomming Keyboard Event Mapping dialog you can now assign a key value to a control-command.
- see Step 3 to define a key value
- see Step 4,5 to define a control-command
- see Step 6 to add this mapping
Step2.jpg
Step2.jpg (29.95 KiB) Viewed 9699 times
Step 3: Click on the three dots next to the 'Key Value' field to select your shortcut.
In the upcoming dialog press your selected shortcut key-combo and click OK.
Step3.jpg
Step3.jpg (8.54 KiB) Viewed 9699 times
In this example I have choosen the key-combo: SHIFT+CTRL+1
Note, that every key-combination is represented by a unique number (196657 in this example).

Step 4: Now click on the 'Edit' button at the 'Control Command' field to define a control-command.
In the upcoming Control-Command Builder dialog you define the control-command.
First select the action (e.g. STANDBY_PLAYPAUSE or STANDBY_PLAYSTOP) and then define the parameter (in our case 1, for the standby player number).
Step4.jpg
Step4.jpg (32.67 KiB) Viewed 9699 times
Note, that all available control commands are also defined in the User Manual Appendix.

Step 5: After that click on the 'New' button in the Control-Command Builder dialog.
This adds the selected control-command to the above list. Finally click OK to close the
Step5.jpg
Step5.jpg (36.05 KiB) Viewed 9699 times
Step 6: Back in the Keyboard Event Mapping dialog you also need to click on the 'New' button to add the mapping to the list.
The new mapping entry will be displayed in the list above.
Finally click OK to leave the dialog and also click OK to leave the general settings.
Step6.jpg
Step6.jpg (36.95 KiB) Viewed 9699 times
You have now defined a keyboard hotkey mapping:
SHIFT+CTRL+1 -> STANDBY_PLAYPAUSE 1

Test it out by loading a track into the Standby Player 1 and then use your SHIFT+CTRL+1 shortcut.
You might define as many key mappings as you want, just repeat the above steps...e.g.
SHIFT+CTRL+2 -> STANDBY_PLAYPAUSE 2
SHIFT+CTRL+3 -> STANDBY_PLAYPAUSE 3
I am not sure, but I guess you do not need to be a computer programmer to do that!
As said for all available control-commands and their description, see the User-Manual Appendix.
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

Hi Bernd, thanks for the guide! I was able to follow this and get it working. I had a bit of trouble on adding multiple commands for the other standby players due to ONAIR wanting to add every command to the one previous, but I sorted it out. Seems to all work. I could not have done it without this guide. Thanks! Hopefully it will help other people as well.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, when adding multiple commands for the other standby players you simply need multiple mapping entries in the "Keyboard Event Mapping" dialog...