Countdown window

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
friso
Countdown window

Post by friso »

Hello

I know i asked it before, but is it possible, that when countdown finished the window stays open.
We use this countdown in our location set, to countdown to the starting point of an external automation system that starts the commercials.

After it counts down to that moment 00.00 the window closes and has to reopen again by the DJ. Experions of this is that most of the people find it difficult and annoying.
I think this issue should be fixed with less work Bernd???

Thanx
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Countdown window

Post by radio42 »

Yes theoretically - but ...
a) I do not understand the value of leaving the count down window open?!
How do you invoke it in the first place and what is the reason for letting it stay open?
Why must the DJ open it again - for what reason?
b) other users might find it annoying, if it stays open.
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

The value of the countdown staying open is that is beeing used every hour to timeout to the beginning of commercials which are played in another automation programm PC-Radio in our head studio. Proppfrexx is being used on our mobile studio, and doesn't play the commercials. So what we do is check in our head studio what the starttime is of the commercials before the news, and put it in the countdouwn of proppfrexx. At this point the DJ knows that if the countdouwn gets to 00:00 the commercials are externaly started so we get an good mix of location program to head studio commercials and news.

Hopefully now you understand that it's importand that we can keep the countdown window open.

Friso
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That means, the DJ would have to enter the countdown time anyhow manually every hour?
Else you might use a control command to automatically schedule it.

I might be a bit slow ;-), but what is the point in having this countdown window stay open?
If you need to enter the countdown time manually every hour anyhow; that is done from the OnAir time window...so where is the point in having the countdown window stay open?
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

That's maybe interesting to do it by a control command. So the question then is: Can i automatically show the countdown window, and also set it at the right countdown time thrue a command or commands?

Friso
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

Where can i create a reminder?
I have searched, but couldn't find it

Friso
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Open the "Program Scheduler" - make a right-click on an empty area and in the upcoming context menu select "Add Reminder...".
A reminder without any reminder text will just execute the assigned control-command at around the scheduled time.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes you can, see the SHOW_COUNTDOWN control-command (see the User Manual Appendix for details).
It is the following parameters: SHOW_COUNTDOWN time[|text]
time: the time (either HH:MM:SS or in ms) til the the countdown should be shown; text: the optional text to display with the countdown

Example:
SHOW_COUNTDOWN 17:00:00|Next Advert

(Shows a countdown, counting down the minutes and seconds til the time is 17:00:00, and displays the given text)

Note, that you might even send a control-command remotely to ProppFrexx, e.g. by using the command-line tool 'pfremcmd' (this tool might be called by your other system to send a control-command to ProppFrexx) or directly via TCP/IP (if your other system allows such an integration).
Or you define a Reminder within ProppFrexx which simply executes this.
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

I have tested it in the program scheduler. After creating the reminder and hitting the "test" button it works correct.
But trying to schedule it in de program scheduler comes up with nothing.
Attached you'll find a screenshot.

Friso
Attachments
screenshot1.jpg
screenshot1.jpg (35.67 KiB) Viewed 9997 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That's a bit strange I just tested it here and it's working as expected. What are your recurrence settings?