Music update?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Joche
Music update?

Post by Joche »

Hello,
I might be stupid, but I am not sure how to solve this problem.
We are running an enterprise server sending music 24/7. We also use it for remote voicetrack.
Our media libraries for music is a classic A,B,C rotation.
Now comes the problem:
When we update our rotations we physically move OR remove tracks from the rotations. A song migt move from A to B, from B to C or from B to be deleted. As long as we just send music, this is no problem since the script rescan the libraries every hour. But what happens if a host has remotely voicetracked a broadcast with music that nolonger is present in the rotations?
Is there a way for example to have PFOA look for the music in another folder/library (i.e another of the regular libraries or a special old-librarie) if it's not present in the librarie anymore?
Station manager | THE BEAT, Sweden | www.thebeat.se
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Music update?

Post by radio42 »

I assume with 'rotation' you mean a dedicated media lib?!
I am also not sure what type of media lib you are using?!

However, as long as you just 'remove' or 'move' you tracks from the media libs (e.g. from playlist based media libs); but do NOT physically move or remove your audio files all should be fine!
BUT, in case you are moving or removing your physical audio files: in that case of course any 'old' playlist (i.e. your pre-prepared voice tracked once) might get broken, as they contain references to these files; which now do not exist anymore at their location!

There are 2 options:
a) use playlist based media libs for your rotations; and no not physically move/remove your audio files (recommended)
b) use the option explained below...

In the general settings, section ‘Playlist Settings’ there is an option called “Try to resolve Broken Playlist Entries via GUID”.
This option (if enabled) performs an addition check each time a track is added to the playlist:
- If a broken playlist entry is detected, a lookup is performed within all defined Media-Libraries using the GUID of that track
- if the track can be located within the Media-Libs for that GUID, the media-lib reference will be used instead
Note, that this ‘resolve’ task is only performed once a track is added to a playlist (i.e. in your case when the voice tracked playlist file is loaded). So moving/removing tracks which such a playlist is already loaded and playing would not work!