Reload/Rescan

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
djbony
Reload/Rescan

Post by djbony »

Hi Bernd,
today I changed mix points in jingle categories. I'm add FullIn point. But PFOA after load playlist still show old mix points. I'm deleted _synced_ files, reload and rescan libraries again and still the same result. Do you know where the problem could be? Thank you.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Reload/Rescan

Post by radio42 »

How did you changed the cue-points and where did you save them?
I assume you are working on folder based media libs?
If yes, note, that you need to save the changed cue-points (meta-data) eg. directly to the audio file - e.g. see the 'Save Meta Data TAG' button in the TAG Editor or PFL Editor - or once you made changes within tracks of a playlist you can also select all the needed tracks and the within the right-click contet menu select 'TAG and Meta Data - Save Meta Data TAGs'.
That will persistently save the cue-points to the audio files TAG data.

And then it depends from where you invoke the tag editing/the change of your cue-points.
E.g. if you do that within the Find Window you will operate directly on the media library entries; as such, any changes invoked from there are immediately 'visible' within the media lib - no need to reload!
The same is true, if you directly open the media lib from the 'Open' icon arron in the main ribbon and select 'Open -> Media Libraries -> <your lib>' ; that will also directly open the media lib as a playlist and you will again operate directly on the media library entries.

Whereas when you first add entries to e.g. a new and empty playlist; 'clones' of these entries are created - to ensure, that changes made in a regular playlist wouldn't automatically overwrite your original entries!
djbony

Post by djbony »

Hi Bernd,
I'm added FullIn point in jingle categories - in PFOA by using Find Window. After playlist and DJ player loaded, new FullIn point doesn't visible. If I open the track in PFL editor and than PFL close, DJ player will refresh. I don't know where I'm wrong :(

See the picture - 1,2,3
Attachments
1.png
1.png (307.42 KiB) Viewed 6170 times
2.png
2.png (219.02 KiB) Viewed 6170 times
3.png
3.png (307.86 KiB) Viewed 6170 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

SO it sounds you never clicked on the Save Meta Data TAGs button?
That is what you are missing?!
djbony

Post by djbony »

No, no.... If I add FullIn point yesterday, I clicked to Save Meta Data TAGs of course... If I open the track in PFL or in Tagger, FullIn points are stored. But If I import playlists or If I put the jingle to the playlist manually, DJplayer shows old settings of the track without FullIn points. Only after open a loaded track in a DjPlayer in PFL and than close PFL, FullIn point will be displayed.
djbony

Post by djbony »

I may already know what's wrong. In Jingle categories I have set "FullIn without Fade in" option. If I open seque editor, everything looks fine - only FullIn point doesn't visible but track is moved so as to be. But Dj players in onair is ignored this. Dj players behave like CueIn (default) mode set for MixIn...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Read the tool tip about it!
The FullLevel without fade in option cannot be used subsequently! And ONLY in the DJ Players!
As the FullLevel cue pint point will be removed automatically if applied it cannot be used again.

I tested this very carefully and here it exactly works like it should be.
djbony

Post by djbony »

Thank you. I'll see and understand now. Thanx once more.