Registration Modes

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Farbo
Re: Registration Modes

Post by Farbo »

If under winxp it is not working as under win7, we will have to use the way I suggested in PM, just check your inbox.
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

So it depends on USB device? Hm, I will try one from those we bought. Thank you for advice.
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Bernd, if there is something what you could specify about the USB key, please, let me know. I hope USB key we bought will work. But if not we will have to find another type of USB. Sorry for hurrying you, but it begins to be a little stressy because school rado should be launched in september and in august testing should be done by students, etc.
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

I will be wiser when I try out one of those we bought. I can not do anything more now. :-( Unfortunately.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It is not a problem at all to discuss that here, as I already told you, that you should first test the USB-Device for compatibility and if that works on different PCs (especially on XP and Win7).
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Just check your PM.

I didn't say it is not working under XP, I said, that there might be certain USB-Devices which would work under XP - that's why I suggested you first make a test, to ensure you find a USB-Device which is fully compatible. If you didn't so that...and follow my advices, what should I do?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Note, that on XP you MUST have SP3 installed!
The USB-Registration mode mainly queries the unique SerialNumber of the USB-Device, so the USB-Device MUST provide that.
Some (cheap) USB-Devices do not provide a fixed, static SerialNumber - which will in this case be problematic.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

:-( 6 USB keys tried ou and no success. Kingston, Adata, etc. Does anyone has experience with USB keys for USB registration?
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Can explain what you mean by 'no success'?
What did you actually try?
Different PCs with which OS?
Did you also try different PCs with the same OS?
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

I tried 6 different USB keys (newly bought because there is no other way how to try out) and the same PC with WinXP with SP3, everything updated. But PF does not see these USB keys. Windows does.
Peter