TalkUser Settings

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Farbo
TalkUser Settings

Post by Farbo »

I wanted to achieve on TalkUser turned on that a moderator can speak over outro of music track and when this music track is finished sounbed is played. I attach my setting for talkuser.

Music tracks plays until finish but the problem is sounbed does not start after it is finished. Why is that?

I want to automate and make easier the work for moderator by achiieving the above described behaviour.

But I do not want to use Stop Playlist During TalkUser feature as this would stop the actually playing music track even when for example 30seconds of outro is available and moderator can talk over it. Bernd, does the feature "Play soundbed only when playlist is not playing" really means it sounbed plays when playist is not playing or it has to be activated together with feature "Stop Playlist During TalkUser"? Because if I use this "Stop Playlist During TalkUser" feature everything works as should, but music track is of course faded-out and I do not want that.

And if this work as I was supposing sounbed is played really only when playlist is not playing, thus assuring moderators can speak over intro, then music track finishes and sounbed starts and if the next music track has intro time defined, they could turn on Autoplay manually and sounbed would then fade-out, they talk over intro and moderator will turn off talkuser before ramp is reached.

Hopefully it does make sense what I want to achieve. Maybe you could add this one option somewhere in next release?
Peter
radio42
Site Admin
Re: TalkUser Settings

Post by radio42 »

The TalkUser configuration has an option called "Play Soundbed only when Playlist is not playing" - I guess the name is rather self-explanatory.
It means, that when the playlist is currently playing, the soundbed will not be started and played - just as the tooltip explains it.
And sure, if a playlist is stopped (e.g. by the other option you mentioned) a playlist isn't playing...

The combined feature you are talking about is not available, as most moderators are not working that way - meaning they want to control the individual behaviours by theirself, especially when a next track is started and when they stop talking.
However, you can almost easily achive the behaviour by using the TalkUser and TalkOver buttons (assuming AutoPlay is OFF):
a) When the outro of the current track starts press TalkOver (to fade-down the master volume)
b) the moderator speaks....
c) when this track finished...press TalkUser...to play the user soundbed
d) when its time...press PlayNext to start the next track and release TalkUser
e) the moderator still speaks....
f) when its time to fade-in again...release TalkOver (to fade-in the master volume)
In such case make sure to not set the option "Fade Master Volume" with the TalkUser option.

I'll think about your automatic options for a future release...
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

I know that Bernd, I wanted to achieve to have it in one button. :-)

By the way, when "Play Soundbed only when Playlist is not playing" is checked and "Stop Playlist During TalkUser" is unchecked, no sounbed is played after track stops. Just try it out.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That might be, since at the time when you click the Talkuser button - the playlist is still playing!
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Yes. But when track finished no sounbed was played. I think it should play the sounbed as the playlist is stopped.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

"Play Soundbed only when Playlist is not playing" means play the soundbed only when the playlist is not playing - or in other words: supress it, if the playlist is playing.
It does NOT mean: start it playing once the playlist stopped playing.

However, I got your point, what you are looking for and I placed it onto the wish list.
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Thank you. You know, it can be understood in both ways. At least I understood it my way. :-)
Peter