Cardwall acts strange

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
rwijnen
Cardwall acts strange

Post by rwijnen »

When adding a card to the cardwall it does play when triggered, however, it doesn't start at once and it ends before the real ending. It seems it starts a second too late and therefore ends 1 second too early. Please advice
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Cardwall acts strange

Post by radio42 »

Maybe you haven't set its cue-points correctly - or your Automatic Cue Point Depection settings are not accurate - hard to say without any further info.
So please send me your audio file in question to take a look at...
rwijnen

Post by rwijnen »

Can't add an mp3 to this forum :-( but zipped it
Het kleinste mirakel op je radio.zip
(92.8 KiB) Downloaded 455 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Just tested your file here and it plays perfectly from the very first millisecond to the very last.

So I can only assume, that your are using some ACPD settings with that file, so that it is somehow cut.

a) If you open the PFL Editor from the cartwall cart (right-click on the cart and select PFL; F11) ... do you see any cue points? If yes, make a right-click on the ACDP button to remove them to see, if this changes things?!

b) If you add that audio file to a new and empty playlist and then invoke the PFL Editor (e.g. via a double-click), ... do you see any cue points? Does the file play correctly now?

c) How did you add the track as a new cart? What media entry type are you using? And what are your mixing settings for that media entry type?
rwijnen

Post by rwijnen »

Sorry, I didn't get to this before.

Odd thing is there are no cues or whatsoever on the cards. It happens to every card I play.

Even weirder is the fact that when I use the demo version on my laptop it plays fluently.

I am under the impression that it has got something to do with the files I use for controlling my Airlite. I reinstalled Proppfrexx and didnt import the files it works fluently. At the moment I use the files it gets this weird.

And as I am not sure on how to write the scrripting I really need to use the files that are available on this forum for controling the airlite.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Strange!
What about my above questions?

If nothing helps, you might order a TeamViewer session:
http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/purchase.html#support
rwijnen

Post by rwijnen »

I guess I did the A and B question, leaves the C

c) How did you add the track as a new cart? What media entry type are you using? And what are your mixing settings for that media entry type?

I use the + sign in the cardwall and select the file on my NAS. All my jingles are mp3. The last part of your question I don't get.

Might be an idea to set that up as I really have no idea how to make this work. I will get back to you on that.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The 'Media Type' is an attribute assigned to each track. It defaults to 'Music' for new tracks.
You can set/change the Media Entry Type e.g. in the TAG Editor (see the 'Track Data' tab) or the PFL Player (see the combo box at the top right).

You can then assign different mixing settings for each Type: see General Settings, section 'Mixing/Fading' and click on the 'Mixing per Media Type...' button.

But if you don't see any Cue-Points like described in A (when the PFL Player is invoked from the Cartwall Cart...) then this is could not be the reason for your issue.

But...: What "Airlite files" are you talking about?!
Since yes, this sounds to be the root cause then...
rwijnen

Post by rwijnen »

https://github.com/benhartwich/proppfre ... ee/Airlite

These files were submitted on this forum. Could it be that there is a conflict between pfl and the actual playing card since with this file the cardwall and pfl are on the same channel?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Ahh, okay, yes, I already had a chart with the owner/developer of these scripts.
I guess the problem indeed somehow lies in these scripts resp. in his mapping.

The trouble seems to come from his mapping resp. from how he is using the Airlite mixer channels.
You'll see in his event mapping (e.g. go to the general settings, section 'Event/Commands' - and select/expand the 'Cartwall' node; that he issues a EXEC_SEND_DRAIRLITE_REMOTEON control-command to the Airlite.
This command actually activates or deactivates the related Airlite mixer channel.

What now happens is this:
A) Start of a Cartwall:
At "OnCartwall1Play" he sends "EXEC_SEND_DRAIRLITE_REMOTEON 7|1…" to activate the Airlite mixer channel; but OnCartwall1Play will be triggered after playback has been started! Thus, a few samples might have already been played before the mixer channel gets turned on.
Solution:
Instead he should use the event "OnCartwall1AnyCartStarted“ – this event gets triggered before play back starts.

B) End of a Cartwall:
At „OnCartwall1Pause“ he so far sends „EXEC_SEND_DRAIRLITE_REMOTEON 7|0…“ to activate the Airlite mixer channel; even if OnCartwall1Pause will be send after the end of the cart, the latency of the Airlite sound driver (which is unfortunately not low latency) now comes into play. Meaning, even if the track physically ended, therea re sill samples contained in the buffer to be played (WDM/DirectSound driver buffer). Thus, the Airlite mixer channel will be deactivated 'too early'.
Solution:
Adding a SLEEP command helps here to delay the deactivation of the mixer channel.

The above user/developer has already incorporated those changes and you can find the new mappings here:
https://github.com/benhartwich/proppfre ... ee/Airlite

Let me know if this helps...