ACPD in Metadata editor

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Farbo
ACPD in Metadata editor

Post by Farbo »

Bernd, I am raising again old theme. ACPD versus saving to TAG versus TAG reading, etc.

I am preparing music tracks in metadata editor, i.e. I remove all cue points, then save data to TAG and then recalculate cue points, save data to TAG. But when I again open the directory with music tracks in metadata editor, no cue points are there. What is wrong?
Peter
radio42
Site Admin
Re: ACPD in Metadata editor

Post by radio42 »

Please explain exactly what you did, which button or menu item you used and where you defined the cue-points (in the TAG Editor, in the PFL PLayer?), weather you closed the dialog or PFL Player etc. etc.

Also why do you:
a) remove all cue points, then save data to TAG
b) then recalculate cue points, save data to TAG
There is no real need to save inbetween...just clear, recalculate and then save.

Please double check what is saved to the audio files by invoking the TAG editor and looking at the native tags, is a ProppFrexx TAG present.
Are the files maybe write protected?
Have you made sure, that you finally closed the PFL Player after saving the TAGs (as TAGs can only be saved to a file which is not currently opened elsewhere).

And yes, I guess we discussed this subject already a couple of times and in the end we always found out, that all was okay.
Dolkis

Post by Dolkis »

If you are using Windows 7, try also use the program as the "Run program as Administrator"
www.soundicradio.com - Dance Pop Top 40
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

I have admin right on my private computer and in work too. So there is no problem. It is working directly in PF but in Metadata editor not.

Please explain exactly what you did, which button or menu item you used and where you defined the cue-points (in the TAG Editor, in the PFL PLayer?), weather you closed the dialog or PFL Player etc. etc.

1. opened folder with completely new music tracks which are not synchronized in pfp playlist
2. ctrl+A
3. right click - selection - calculate auto cuepoints
4. after calculation is done I did again right click - selection . save metadata TAGs
5. I close the current explorer window in editor and opened again the same folder

result: no cue points have been saved.

Also why do you:
a) remove all cue points, then save data to TAG
b) then recalculate cue points, save data to TAG
There is no real need to save inbetween...just clear, recalculate and then save.

I did it because it was not working nor that way nor other way. I was trying different ways.

Please double check what is saved to the audio files by invoking the TAG editor and looking at the native tags, is a ProppFrexx TAG present.
Are the files maybe write protected?

files are not write protected, it is for example working in PF but in Metadata editor not

Have you made sure, that you finally closed the PFL Player after saving the TAGs (as TAGs can only be saved to a file which is not currently opened elsewhere).

I did not use PFL player for ACPD as described above.

And yes, I guess we discussed this subject already a couple of times and in the end we always found out, that all was okay.

Hopefully this time it will be the same case and we will find out what was wrong or done wrongly.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I just tried the exact same steps, but here it is working just fine.
Did you expand your folder, so that the physical audio tracks are visible?
Note, that when you select all (Ctrl+A), the physical tracks must be visible in order to be selected?

And how did you test that the cue-poins are not present after you calculaed them?
Did you use the TAG Editor, the PFL Player?
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

I do not remember now, I am sorry. I found my way of doing and I use it, i.e. I use directly PF and not Metadata Editor.
Peter
Farbo

Post by Farbo »

Really, I do not remember. I will try it today.
Peter
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Maybe you have not saved the changes made within the Explorer Window of the Metadata Editor?!