GPIO en Cartwall problem

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
moogwill
Re: GPIO en Cartwall problem

Post by moogwill »

I'm quiet certain it's not local network related as I got the issue even without activate my network card using only local files. The main slider stays connected when I got the issue, and as I previously said, I'm still able to connect the computer from a distant location for a remote vt session
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Hopefully I'm not the only one having this issue, I was trying to understand what was going on for 3 days... :-/
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The GPIO client always uses the local network stack, as it is using a TCP/IP socket connection - this is/might of course be independet from your local network card.

So if the slider stays connected, I am not certain, if the error message you showed here has something to do with the issue!
As this error message only happens, if a network error occurred resp. the connection is lost.

So what is then the exact issue you are having?
Is it, that there are no commands send from your Airlite anymore?
I am a bit lost in all your posts here, as they seem rather unstructured to me ;-)
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Sudendly there's nothing going both ways between airence & PF. You can't trigger anything from airlite. In normal condition you press auto play button in PF and the airlite non stop switch turns red, the other way the same.
Concrete example: you're in auto play mode the airlite auto switch the channels that are playing, one after another, but with this issue it stays in the last position. And you can't get any control back until you close and re-open GPIO.
If it happened in the middle of the night you hear something every 3 tracks only Till mornin
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Ahh, so the connection between the GPIO client and the Airence gets broken ?!
And not between the GPIO client and ProppFrexx ONAIR?!

In that case it might also be an Airence issue?!

I just recently had a customer using an Airence with a similar issue.
He was also using the REMOTE_ON commands as in your case.
But sometimes the Airence did not accept some commands.
After various talks with D&R support he was told, that maybe too many commands are send to the Airence.
Finally he removed all these REMOTE_ON commands from his settings, and since then all is running smooth. He then has all his channels always ON.

So have you already talked with the D&R support, as what you describe sounds similar. As is the Airence is not receiving commands anymore.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Will try d&r support. But some questions don't fit.
About those remote commands:
Why does some people got this issue & some don't?
Why do I get the same issue with the studio running airence? (I do not use any remote functions, I don't think there is such remote fonctions in airence)
And last question: why do I, why do we, have this error log each time (airence & airlite) we have the issue?

If I remove the remote functions from the airlite configuration, it will solve the auto play "non stop" issue but the live will still be a problem if the issue isn't solved (Michel is probably in the same situation)
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

And again the GPIO-client asks for a password and the server address changes and the contact with the Airlite has been disconnected.

I'm sorry to note that the problems have started after a recent update of PF or Windows last week. For months, everything has worked well, but since the GPIO-client asked for a password it's hopeless.

Time to go to sleep

In advance for attending
Attachments
Knipsel.JPG
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Look at your posts above. The issue seems to be there in .23 as well and not only in the last version.
Maybe there are 2 different issues in your case.
As it only happens with your systems and not with all users typically indicates, that it is something specific. If we would know what we would have the solution.

When you say the server address always changes. What do you mean by this?!?
(funny even, that above you have written, that the main connect slider stays connected, but in your screenshot it is disconnected)
Where does it change and from what address to which address does it always change?
Is the IP address in your above screenshot changing resp. needs to change?
If yes, the IP address of your server (ProppFrexx ONAIR instance) seems to constantly change - which would explain the error message in the log.

To see, if it was really the last ProppFrexx update, you can go back to the 'Previous Version' - note the sub-directory (with the same name) in your installation folder. You might simply close all and copy all files up by one directory from this 'Previous Version' folder - as it contains a backup of all latest version executables.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

That was me having this issue with .23 and airence (I updated this second computer till then, but I still can reproduce the issue.
Note the difference:

1 -With airlite using remote fonctions: the problem starts at any moment without specific reason when "auto play" is on, and the rest of the Time same as (2).

2 -With airence, I can easily reproduce the issue if I use a lot of switch at the same time, but sometimes a simple double click on switch in a short lapse of time (or even a single switch press)

those 2 studio's are Brand new, so i cannot have a long term look on the issue.
It Seems Michel, got the issue for a short time, and previously used airence, without any trouble for a long time.

One common thing we have is that GPIO asked us for re-enter password (note that it seems many users, but not all, got that request too).

ok just to check & compare with Michell's:

2 ASUS "all in one" computers running windows 10 64 up to date
One is connected Airence
The other one's connected Airlite
I'm using Media library server (thanks again about that Bernd)

If someone using those D&R mixdesks is reading this, it would be nice to try to make some "jazzpiano" on the switches to test if they can reproduce that issue too.
Last edited by moogwill on 29 Apr 2017 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

These are 2 different things, but it seems regarding michel's posts, that they could be related, cause they happened at the same time.
It

And you're right its the link from GPIO to Airlite that cause trouble.

I Totally agree that it seems to be an D&R issue, but if it is, why is that seems happening suddendly? without any updates from Airlite D&R.
Michel said: -" For months, everything has worked well, but since the GPIO-client asked for a password it's hopeless."

I'm distant from the studio for the morning, I can't try the TeamViewer support from D&R for now, but I'm affraid that it won't be helpful on a saturday afternoon.

I'm sure we're missing something here.