Song History Voice track

This forum can be used to post any topics related to general broadcast questions, tech stuff, informations etc.
This forum is unmoderated!
sbourghardt
Song History Voice track

Post by sbourghardt »

Hi,
We are 3 hosts who voice tracks on our station. We have noticed that if we do our voice tracks around the same time our playlists will be very similar with the same songs. How can we change the setup to fix this issue? All 3 uses the same script for our VT.
sbourghardt
Re: Song History Voice track

Post by sbourghardt »

Hi, our licenses are on claesson.john@gmail.com

I will try your suggestions and see how it goes.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Might I ask which license you are using, as I cannot find any related to your forum mail address or name.

I guess this heavily depends on your script.
E.g. if you are using certain script-line modes and all 3 execute the script at the same time, they would use the same 'internal rules'.
For example: the 'LeastTimesPlayed' or 'LeastRecentlyPlayed' script-line modes are based on the effective playouts of the related tracks in the selected media lib (meaning on the effective media entry statistics). When you now execute the script at the same time in parallel; these media entry statistics have of course not been updated yet - thus these script-line modes might result the 'same' or 'similar' tracks, because they use the exact same media entry statistics.

One solution would be, to avoid such script-line modes - which you might not want.
Another solution is to use a simple and small script-based history. E.g. define a script history count of 15 or 20 and specify a strict check. You might also want to only use the Artist and Title extended check; so set the Album checks to 0!
This additional script-history will now be used in parallel for all your parallel voice tracks and ensure, that there are no subsequent duplicates.
sbourghardt

Post by sbourghardt »

Hi,
I have a problem slightly like the one above.

We generate a playlist via the Playlist Wizzard using a script when broadcasting live. But when we manually want to import songs from our library, it often are marked red in the track finder or are not able to drag and drop in to the playlist. My tought is that this is related to our song history and the rules we set up. Cause it almost always happens when we try to import a song or artist that have recently been played. Is there a way to supress history check when draging and droping songs in to an open playlist, but not when it is generated.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please see the general settings, section 'Logging/History' and click on the 'More...' button within the Global History group.
Here you'll find various settings in a group called 'Consider manual added Tracks', specifically take care of the 'Check Global History' and 'Ask for detected Duplicates' (which you might want to activate).
For more info about all these option, please click on the '?' icon at the very top right of each dialog - this opens a help explaining all these options.