MLS crashed

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
hdradio
MLS crashed

Post by hdradio »

MLS and PF are running on the same (onair) pc.

I 've let PF running for a few hours. Then it stopped playing new tracks.
I went to studio and I saw that MLS had crashed :
Screenshot 2014-04-12 00.22.46 (1).png
Screenshot 2014-04-12 00.22.46 (1).png (217.9 KiB) Viewed 6820 times
Any idea why this happened ?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: MLS crashed

Post by radio42 »

Yes, I am just to provide/build a new version!

The error happened, as an access log file could not be closed - which is rather strange as well, as this also a simple system IO function I am calling, which according to Microsoft can never fail...but as we saw it - it failed. So I wrapped into an extra try-catch block, so that this would crash any running MLS, meaning I simply can only ignore such an error!
The access log files are btw written to the MLS AppUserData folder, e.g. "C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\radio42\ProppFrexx MediaLibraryServer\3.0\log".

The new version will also contain a new 'Manual Operation' ribbon button - which (if enabled) allows you to:
a) force all Programs and Overlays to start in 'Manual' start type mode (independent of its actual start type); and as such enforces you start them manually by hand
b) forces all 'suspended' playlist to NOT resumed automatically (AutoPlay will not be turned back on)
As such, the 'Live-Assist' mode can no be controlled by two independent settings: 1. AutoPlay (as before) and 2. Manual Operation (new).
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, but to get an idea on what wad causing it, please send me the files as listed in the dialog we see in your screen shot.
These files can be used to get an idea bout the crash....
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

Unfortunately those files do not exist anymore in that directory.
They might have been deleted after Send Report Dialog.
:(
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

They should still (maybe) available from within the Windows Event Log.

The error however didn't directly originate in the Media Library Server (MLS) itself, but in an OS related function (which has been called by the MLS).
So it is rather important to see why this happened. As the MLS itself doesn't process any audio, but just reads the files from the I/O sub-system as well as communicates with ProppFrexx ONAIR via the network, I can only guess, that the error must either due to a fault on the I/O (e.g. a defect file or hard disk error) or an error in the network.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

I have sent you the event log.
Did you have a look at it ?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The additional check as mentioned above is now available in v3.0.13.14 - make sure to fully terminate your running MLS when upgrading...