A view Questions

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Frank1977
Re: A view Questions

Post by Frank1977 »

HI Bernd,

Onairdb I make it myself in mysql is was an test library txt!

Do you happen to have a full database export to take a look at.:
I have a full export of the database. I can send it to you witch email can I use.

From which system does this data come from:
http://www.habbies.nl/forum/den-leuycke ... vind-niet/
DALET 5.1 Radio Suite
Look for information on: http://www.mibroadcastservices.nl/producten

So have you tried to just create a folder based media lib using your main folder containing all your tracks?:
I have tried to import the main folder it says that are only 1719 music tracks are in.

If yes, what meta data are you missing which is contained in the onairdb?
Artist and title

Btw, what file format is the .snd files:

A SND (SouND) file is a digital sound file format. There is more than one in existence [disambiguation page needed].

Most commonly a .snd file contains a NeXT sound file. This is essentially the same as the au file format used by Sun Microsystems. The first four bytes of a .snd file contain the hex number 0x2e736e64 which displays as ".snd" when interpreted as ASCII text.

Another .snd file format is attributed to Apple Inc. Data stored in such files are commands for the Macintosh Sound Manager including wavetable instruments and sound samples. Thus it is some kind of improved midi format. As well it can serve as a pure audio file format if only one command and one sound sample is stored in it. In this format, the first two bytes specify a 16-bit integer contain the number 1 or 2.

Greetings Frank
Frank1977

Post by Frank1977 »

Hi bernd,

Sorry for it's get weird, Let me explain. The all story.

From the start by our local radio station we haved once recieved I full copy (export) of a dalet software.
It looks like the pic "Dalet.CSV.jpg, The info of the CSV files looks like pic "Dalet CSV info.jpg'' and the mapping pic " Map.dalet.jpg" with 15.000 tracks stored in SND and MP2. The only thing what dalet do is it makes is own titles what you see in Map.dalet.jpg,
So you import a mp3 and dalet makes is own SND title "006B1A09'' or MP2 title "006B1A09''.
We have once installed this on a database server Mqsql with the export of Dalet CSV.
The database by the local radio station have now 32.000 tracks in the database stored, I haved recieved a copy of the Mysql lately.

I was a little bit curious and install this "mysql export'' on my own pc I called this database ''onairdb'' that's why it called so. It was a test!.
That is the pic ''DB onairdb.jpg''.

I was looking to proppfrexx onair and was curious and saw the feature AD DB. So I thought that it was working.
I wrote a litlle questions on the forum and this is where it started.

Were looking for a feature to install the 32.000 tracks from the Export mysql or only the dalet CSV file to the mapping Dalet inside proppfrexx onair.Do you know how it's than that?

Our little thing is we have worked with a database looks like the proppfrexx metadata editor, Question works this metadata editor with a database?
This is what most people (technican or DJ's ) worksflow is in our local station, Or do you know a solustion for this?.

About the the latest post:
habbies page this was how dalet looks like. it was a pic example. forum I never saw.

I hope this explains a lot!, Let me know

greetings Frank
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

OKi, I guess now I have a little more clear picture.

Can you please send me one or two of your .snd files as an example to my email address (just click on the email button below at the post ;-)

I might then take a look at...since, as said, currently ProppFrexx doesn't support any SND files (as that format is pretty OLD and not used anymore today).
I am still pretty sure, that a real MySQL DB is not needed in your case.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Hi Frank,

any progress or should we probably do a TeamViewer session to get some more insights...?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Hi Frank,

it gets more weird with every post (being honest)?
The 'habbies' page you are linking to looks like a real-file forum site and not any real radio page?
The other link refers to a service provider selling various radio systems, among other also the Dalet software.
Dalet however doesn't use an onairdb like you posted.

Then you write, that the onairdb was made by yourself - in that case it seems obvious, that ProppFrexx does not support your own database out-of-the-box.

From rest of what you are writing it sounds the main issue relates to the .snd files!
.snd files are non common on a Windows Operating system!
You just posted a Wiki reference...and that already says, that this extension is 'ambiguous'.
It might either be an Apple MIDI kind of format or a NeXT format from Sun Microsystem - both formats are non Windows formats and are not supported by ProppFrexx.

So can you clarify what file format this is? Or do you also don't know where these .snd files are coming from?

Finally, it looks to me, that this is the real issue.
ProppFrexx might recognize 'only 1719' music tracks - as any "*.snd" files are not supported and as such skipped!
Frank1977

Post by Frank1977 »

Hi Bernd,

I have send you a wetransfer.zip to proppfrexx@radio42.com. I saw no attach by the Private message!

Thanks for looking at it!

I'm curious what to do, and what you recomand to not using Mysql.

Greetings Frank
Frank1977

Post by Frank1977 »

Thanks for looking at it!

a) renaming all .snd files to .mp2

That's done 15206 Mp2 files are there in de Media Library Server.

b) adding the TAG data from your onairdb (or the csv export file) to your physical .mp2 files
Do you know a tool that's good to doing it?

I have a export from Mysql Onairdb where you can look at.
I only know that the artist and title was there nothing else in the CSV. But artist and title are fine to begin at.

Greets Frank
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am afraid, there is no out-of-the-box tool, which can read you csv-export file and then TAG your .mp2 files.
A custom written tool might do the job.

When you say "But artist and title are fine to begin at"...what other meta data info did you maintain?
Are there more info's in the MySQL database?
Frank1977

Post by Frank1977 »

Hi bernd,

Sorry that artist and title is good!.
There's is more information in the database so like categories, genre etc.

I written job ok where can i do that?.

greets, Frank
Frank1977

Post by Frank1977 »

Hi bernd,

I have send a copy of the Database, maybe you can see what for more information you get out the backup.

I written job ok where can i do that?.

I know that you can do. but maybe you are a buzzy person to do that.

That's why I written the answer: Where can i do that?.

It's working like a charme already with the media library server with al the mapping.

1) question how can I search in the proppfrexx on title or artist?

greetings frank