News & Embedded container

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
amaurydixx
News & Embedded container

Post by amaurydixx »

Hi,

I created a New in the "Advert News Management".
I use the Embedded containers to insert them in my playlist.

How to exactly play only one news.
I'm not able to select "one loop" in the "How many" form and I don't know in advance the duration of the news.
If I insert 00:00 to the "approx duraction" form, it doesn't work and if i insert a large approx duration, multiple news are played (loop).

Thank you.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: News & Embedded container

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to do?
The approx. defines a minimum time, so specifying a small duration (eg 5sec.) might ensure that only one news item is played. Have you tried that?
amaurydixx

Post by amaurydixx »

Hello,

Actually, as you can see in attachments, I created:
- a news category in "Advert News Management" named Flash (which contains: an opener, a closer and a track)
- a script which plays only "Flash"

When I generate a playlist, at the exact location I want to play the news flash, I create an "Embedded Container" with these parameters:
- Script : Info
- Trackname: Info
- How many : One Loop
- Approx Duration : 00:00:00 (I don't know the exact duration when I create the Container)
- To position: Current location

And sometimes, the embedeed container created contains more than the 3 entries (5 entries in the example).
So, 2 news are played.
Attachments
new.png
new.png (17.5 KiB) Viewed 8109 times
container.png
container.png (24.12 KiB) Viewed 8109 times
script.png
script.png (19.56 KiB) Viewed 8109 times
amaurydixx

Post by amaurydixx »

Thanks for the answer.
Yes i'm using the last version.

I use an extra script because the option "one loop" is not possible when I use "News" in the "Add embedded container to playlist" form.
I cannot choose Duration too.
Only the "number of tracks" option is selectable (all are visible nethertheless).

In this afternoon, my container was cut before the closer sound. :-(
amaurydixx

Post by amaurydixx »

Sometimes, if I use the option "News" in the "Inser Embedded Container" form i obtain this when I want to edit the container with the PFL player.
Attachments
cont.png
cont.png (24.48 KiB) Viewed 8098 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Can you please confirm what version you are using?
As I am absolutely unable to reproduce your issue!

Are you sure you always specified the "One Loop" option when selecting "Add" -> "Insert Embedded Container from..." from within a playlist?!

I am also not sure why you created an extra script, since you can also specify "News" in the "Insert Embedded Container from..." dialog?!
And that's why it's approximate duration as you might not know the exact duration. The given duration is used to calculate the backtiming, but has no real effect if you select the "One Loop" option with a script. E.g. if your news tracks are around 2 minutes you might specify an approximate duration of 2 minutes here.

But all that wouldn't really change things. As said, I can not reproduce that here using your exact settings.
So please make sure that you are using the latest version. And that you always specify the "One Loop" option!

Also, what does happen, if you directly use the "News" reference instead of a "Script" and then specify 1 as the "Number of Tracks"?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

If you get this error than one of your specified tracks is either unavailable or inaccessible. Eg your opener, closer or news track.
But this would not change no matter if you use a script or not.

When a track is cut too early I am pretty sure you did not set your cue points correctly.

And of course you can not select "one loop" with the News. Only "number of tracks" makes sense here. In your script you do nothing else but also just select 1 track! That is exactly the same.

However, it seems there must be some other issue in your system, as the above track error indicates some reference issue.

How do you provide the tracks?
Are you may be downloading the news tracks automatically?
In the past I have seen various customers using an external RTV downloader which did not release the file references correctly causing various trouble.
May be it is similar here ?

I tried to reproduce your issue here, but without any luck. I created around 100 embedded containers in the exact same way you described it, but they all contained exactly the expected 3 tracks (opener, news, closer).

Are you able to clearly reproduce it? If yes any other things I need to know?
Where are your files located? How are they updated? Is there for sure only 1 track added to your news category?
amaurydixx

Post by amaurydixx »

It is strange.
I'm sure that the files (opener, closer or track) are ok when i get this error.
Anyway, in the same time, if i Use the script (who called the news) it works.

When I generate a playlist, if I choose "One loop" when I create the container, everything is all right.
But when the playlist is scheduled later, the container contains more or less than the 3 tracks (opener, closer and track).
amaurydixx

Post by amaurydixx »

Yes...the track is download each hours by FTP.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Ahh now I see what is happening. If it is just within a pre-prepared playlist. The one loop flag isn't correctly saved/restored in a playlist file.
I'll provide an update layer today which will fix the issue.