Web stream handling

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
LTezekjian
Re: Web stream handling

Post by LTezekjian »

Can someone help me write a script that will load a playlist at a certain time that grabs a live stream url, starts my ICECAST server, and stops it? I can make the url playlist, set the time limit, and can start and stop it manually, but how do I do this automatically? Is there a script I can use to do this? I do not know how to write a script. Please help and thank you in advance!

Regards,
LTezekjian
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Not sure what this would have to do with the related topic?!
But note, that PF work via an event and command system.
The control-commands to start or start a PF streaming server source are:
STREAMING_SERVER_START resp. STREAMING_SERVER_STOP - see the User Manual for details.

You might, when you have defined a program scheduler entry (see below), use the events 'On Program Started' resp. 'On Program Stopping' of that program (see the 'Control Commands...' button in the Program Editor) to issue the above commands to start/stop the streaming server.

Working with the Scheduler is explained here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10
Tutorial Videos can also be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1018
LTezekjian

Post by LTezekjian »

Thank you very much. That's a start. And I humbly apologize for not putting my question in the correct topic as this was the only one I could find relating to scheduling. Thanks again, and thank you for your hard work in developing the BEST broadcasting automation software for the price. You're truly one of the greats!

Sincerely,
~Tez