empty folder

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
djanji
empty folder

Post by djanji »

Hello Bernd
I have a problem with database for Radio Gorenc. I want to organize the music library. I want to make a Batch conversion because the MP3 files have the name of the artist and title in the name and I want to separate it. If I do that it delete all the mp3 files? :(
radio42
Site Admin
Re: empty folder

Post by radio42 »

Guess they are not deleted, but moved to some other folder; since the Batch-Conversion of the Tagger (guess you are just talking about that dialog of the Tagger).
The Batch-Conversion only performs a File.Move operation but never a delete - so I asusme, they somehow moved to some other 'folder'.
I'll double check, if that's a bug...

But as you just want to rename the files, why don't you simply select the related files in that folder within the Tagger's Explorer and then right-click and select 'Selection' - 'Rename File from TAG...' ?!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You are wrong!
ProppFrexx doesn't add such sign.

Before you told me that you are renaming the files using the Batch Conversion. This uses macros and YOU use the renaming file pattern.
After the batch conversion is done, all files are renamed accordingly and you might need to refresh the explorer view in order to see the renamed files in it. So your new files just contain the - sign probably because a macro could not be resolved.

But that the PFL Player doesn't play the tracks is simply because you did not refresh the view and thus still use the OLD file names ;-)
That's it.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure I do understand what your issue is.
How do you do the batch conversion? What options have you selected?
Are you doing this with the Tagger or ProppFrexx ONAIR?
Are you just renaming files or re-encoding them?
Who is deleting what (note, that ProppFrexx by default doesn't delete any audio files, except from the House Keeping option!)?
djanji

Post by djanji »

Hello
I copied .mp3 files to folder (exmp. pop) than I create pfp file on this folder, than I use Batch conversion select the pfp from that folder use ${artist} - ${title} and than it does the TXT job in the PF MetaData Editor OK but the mp3 files from that folder are deleted :(
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yep, I hope I found it. It is fixed in the new v4.0.0.20-beta! So "Check for Beta-Versions..."
djanji

Post by djanji »

Hello
I try again in beta version, it's better because it doesn't delete the file but it add the - in front of the title and than it doesn't play in PFL mode.

regards Jani
Attachments
propp.jpg
propp.jpg (153.37 KiB) Viewed 6740 times
propp 3.jpg
propp 3.jpg (115.43 KiB) Viewed 6740 times
propp 1.jpg
propp 1.jpg (59.07 KiB) Viewed 6740 times