bad vt folder

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
bad vt folder

Post by moogwill »

Hi,

I have a question.

When all my library were moved from Drive D: to new drive D: the transfer was perfect.

another thing wasn't so easy:
The previous roaming folder was in a different "user" folder.

I changed all destinated parameters from previous folders path to the new ones. everything is working except one thing.

in user settings for the voice tracks, I entered the new path wich is :
"C:\Users\playl\AppData\Roaming\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\4.0\plstmp"

in the main playlist, when A voice track is recorded the path is correct.
C:\Users\playl\AppData\Roaming\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\4.0\plstmp
but while the main playlist is playing, if I try to create a playllist Template from the scheduler, then Voice tracking won't work cause the path is wrong (in fact it's the one from the previous computer):
"C:\Users\thomas\AppData\Roaming\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\4.0\plstmp"

where can I change that?
Thanks.
moogwill
Re: bad vt folder

Post by moogwill »

Thanks Bernd, but as said in the previous post I did that. it works for the main playlist window.

the bad VT path is only when create a playlist from the scheduler open at the same time than the main playlist running.

you can see it in the Pictures attached.

State1: voice track editor is open the path is correct
state2: Voice track editor is open the path is wrong

The only difference beetween the 2 pictures: A second playlist has been created from the scheduler.

I can open and change the path in the user settings, but it won't work, as soon as a second playlist is open from the scheduler the path is wrong in the user setting.

If I close this second playlist, the right directory is back in the user settings
Attachments
state2.gif
state2.gif (115.11 KiB) Viewed 7801 times
state1.gif
state1.gif (120.45 KiB) Viewed 7801 times
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

...hmmm. in the scripts the path to the folder is the right one...

When I try to create a playllist from the scheduler, it seems there's allready an existing one in a folder that doesnt exists.. ??!!?
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2016-04-05 à 12.03.35.png
Capture d’écran 2016-04-05 à 12.03.35.png (244.51 KiB) Viewed 7796 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So when you change that folder (either in the Playlist Template Wizard; or even in the Voice Tracking dialog...)
And then finish your action - it should be okay the next time...

However, the related setting is within the .userconfig file (in the ProppFrexx AppDataUser folder).. and is not directly editable (as it will be set the next time you redefine it). Its key value is "VoiceTracking" - "BaseFolder".
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

ok will do that..

thanks,
T.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can adjust this path in the 'User Settings' dialog in the 'More' tab.
To invoke the user settings dialog click on the small user icon at the very top right of the main window and select 'Change User Settings...' or press CTRL+F3.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Do you open a 'playlist' which has already been created/prepared with the old user?
If yes, please check your related script! As in this case the playlist folder as specified in your related LoadPlaylist script-line is being used!
As such I assume, you must adjust your .pfs script... just open the related script from the 'Libraries' button and adjust the script-line containing your LoadPlaylist mode.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

Hi again,

I just realised that situation is quiet the same with the path to the script library folder...

Where can i change this, I pointed the right path under general settings, but when I try to create a new script it still point the previous user folder :-(

Thanks,
T.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Same thing, just create a new script using a different/new folder - and it is saved accordingly.
All these settings are just 'reminder' settings with no real functionality...they just point to the last used folder.
The next time you changed it, it will be adjusted accordingly.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

I wish I could... but I can't save it.

I mean it seems I can create the script, but at the end it won't show up in the script library.

Maybe this has nothing in common but I have also an error message while I'm trying to insert a script as embeded container.
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2016-04-06 à 08.08.01.png
Capture d’écran 2016-04-06 à 08.08.01.png (110.2 KiB) Viewed 7778 times