How to automatic close auto generated playlists started and used by the scheduler

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
XTended
How to automatic close auto generated playlists started and used by the scheduler

Post by XTended »

My question (done in the wrong post subject ;-)

How to automatic close auto generated playlists started and used by the scheduler?
The command PLS_CLOSE_ALL_NOPROGRAM closes only the manual created playlists and not the playlists started and used by the scheduler. Which command can I use for closing the playlists started and used by the scheduler ?

Answer Bernd:

Of course, as Playlists created by the scheduler are closed only by the scheduler!
There no command to close those.
Why would that be needed?

Question: see my attachment, you see played auto-generated playlists. Now I have to remove them manually (right click and select close all but this) and I know there must be a way to close them by using a command or setting. But I don't know which. That's why I asked...
open-playlists.jpg
XTended
Re: How to automatic close auto generated playlists started and used by the scheduler

Post by XTended »

The one you sold me in March 2016, upgraded to version 4.0.1.26 64-bit
It's really ProppFrexx...
radio42
Site Admin
Re: How to automatic close auto generated playlists started and used by the scheduler

Post by radio42 »

Are you maybe disabling/stopping the scheduler after each playlist is started and before it was closed but did not set the general scheduler Stop Option 'ClosePlaylistAfterStop' ?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As said they are always closed by the scheduler automatically when a new program startes a new playlist.

I have never see a screen like yours.
What version are you using?
XTended

Post by XTended »

scheduler.jpg
The scheduler runs 24 hours a day so it's not disabled/stopped after each playlist.
In the attachment you can see that I already selected ClosePlaylistAfterStop. But it won't close the playlist...
Or do I have to select within my commercial overlay the "condition" set to "Scheduler is Running"?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Looks like you are the only one where the scheduled playlists are not closed automatically...
Have you maybe set the Start Type of the scheduled program entries set to 'Manual' or defined them 'As Overlay'?
Otherwise we need to do a TV session when I am back...
XTended

Post by XTended »

Bernd, at the old Radio Aa and Hunze I had the same problem...
Start type is standard set to "Soft" and the overlay is standard set to "Overlay Endtime Soft".
program-editor.jpg
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Why 'Overlay End Time' ?
Is that playlist intended to be an overlay ?
If not try switch it it to Overlay None.
XTended

Post by XTended »

Setting the overlay End Time from "Soft" to "No Overlay" was the trigger!
Thanks for your great support during your holiday Bernd!
XTended

Post by XTended »

Just one question..
My playlists are not loaded for a full hour anymore (before it was good).
playlist-not-loaded-completely.jpg
And the playlist editor of the above playing files:
script-library-editor.jpg
I created a temporary "fix" to get a full hour playlist by increasing the Playlist Look Ahead to 8 entries instead of my old 3 entries value.
Is there a setting I have to change due to setting the overlay End Time from "Soft" to "No Overlay" (see older message of today).