Several Voice track questions

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
SiriusRadio
Several Voice track questions

Post by SiriusRadio »

Hi Bernd.

I do have several questions.
Our station still uses the V3 advert tool and voice track.

How to save a voicetrack show as mp3, as a program?
How do I simply edit the music so that the voice well above the music?
What should I do if I want to make a voice track program if the playlist and the format is in the future?

Will
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Several Voice track questions

Post by radio42 »

How to save a voicetrack show as mp3, as a program?
-> Select All tracks in your playlist window (CTRL+A); then right-click and select 'Selection - Downmix - ...' from the context menu.

How do I simply edit the music so that the voice well above the music?
-> Use the 'Segue-Editor' from within your plalyist, starting with the first track.
In v4 you can even display 3 tracks in the Segue-editor, but v3 only shows 2 tracks!

What should I do if I want to make a voice track program if the playlist and the format is in the future?
-> I don't understand the question!
The .pfp playlist format is very stable and hasn't changed since years.

So maybe you should consider upgrading to v4!
SiriusRadio

Post by SiriusRadio »

radio42 wrote:What should I do if I want to make a voice track program if the playlist and the format is in the future?
-> I don't understand the question!
Bernd.

E.g. DJ wants to voice track his program in the future, let's say nov25th.
He's using the format as in the script. Programmed script is called format1.
What does he have do to get:
Question: the playlist from that day and hour?
Fact: the format from that show is always using the script format1!
Fact: the program is already scheduled in the scheduler as a given.

Do you understand what i mean? The radiostation is not updating to V4. :roll:
Will
SiriusRadio

Post by SiriusRadio »

radio42 wrote:However, if your station will never upgrade to v4, I guess you will never benefit from all the new features!
E.g. in v4 a feature was added to automatically handle last minute changes to these pre-/future generated playlists (allows external last minute reference changes of an already running playlist).
Bernd the salesman, :lol: I will check it out, th xs for reacting.
Will
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Ahh, I see, that is a totally different question.
In this case, you can e.g. use the 'Playlist Template Wizard' (click on the small arrow underneath the 'New' ribbon tab and select 'Playlist Template Wizard...')
You can also invoke this 'Playlist Template Wizard' directly from within the Program Scheduler if you right-click on an existing program scheduler entry.

See here for details:
Tutorial Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0tnt9aioel5k ... Wizard.mp4
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=653
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=652

However, if your station will never upgrade to v4, I guess you will never benefit from all the new features!
E.g. in v4 a feature was added to automatically handle last minute changes to these pre-/future generated playlists (allows external last minute reference changes of an already running playlist).
SiriusRadio

Post by SiriusRadio »

Working in VT doesn't make my life easyer so far. Maybe you have some ideas or tricks?
- Is it possible to enlarge the VTscreen?
- Is there a hotkey to fade in or out?
- When i play a track from the cartwall, you can't hear sweepers in the downmix
- The level diffrence is huge, is there way way to normalize them? I did add Normalize in recording options, are all other record options oké?
Are these settings oké?
Are these settings oké?
PFREX01.jpg (183.13 KiB) Viewed 10099 times
Thxs
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am sorry to hear, that it doesn't help you. But it was designed with a lot of professional users and so far all radio hosts liked it.
Is it possible to enlarge the VTscreen?
-> No. For what reason? Can you explain what isn't large enough.
- Is there a hotkey to fae in or out?
-> What to Fade-In or -Out? Not sure what you mean.
- When i play a track from the cartwall, you can't hear sweepers in the downmix
-> That depends on your overall mixer channel setup, see the 'Cartwall As Track-Insert' option hint!
If checked, the local voice tracking cartwall acts as Track-Insert events - meaning when a cart is played a respective Track-Insert event will be added to the recorded track!
Else the local cartwall will be routed to the CW II output and played regularly - meaning you would have to make sure it's output is included into your recording (mixer channel) accordingly.
The Track-Insert mode has the advantage, that it is non-destructive and allows you to later change the inserted track positions.
The disadvantage is, that the cartwall tracks are always inserted as a whole (so it is not possible to cut or fade out the cartwall tracks).
- The level diffrence is huge, is there way way to normalize them? I did add Normalize in recording options, are all other record options oké?
-> What level difference do you mean? Between 2 tracks (Cu and Nx) or between your tracks and your voice recording?
I assume, that this is due to your sound card setup/environment. If your voice recording is too low, increase your input signal from the microphone!
SiriusRadio

Post by SiriusRadio »

radio42 wrote:I am sorry to hear, that it doesn't help you. But it was designed with a lot of professional users and so far all radio hosts liked it.
Is it possible to enlarge the VTscreen?
-> No. For what reason? Can you explain what isn't large enough.
There is a lot of info on the screen. We work with lots of older dj's.
- Is there a hotkey to fade in or out?
-> What to Fade-In or -Out? Not sure what you mean.
when people start talking, the music is often to loud in consideration to the talk. i can't find something like "talkover". ( see pic)
-> What level difference do you mean? Between 2 tracks (Cu and Nx) or between your tracks and your voice recording? I assume, that this is due to your sound card setup/environment. If your voice recording is too low, increase your input signal from the microphone!
The downmix is not oké, there 's a lot of difference between seperate tracks, we just want a simple downmix on a normailzed level, is that possible and how to do so?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

We work with lots of older dj's
Guess that is just a matter of training. A bigger screen would reduce the info/options.
when people start talking, the music is often to loud in consideration to the talk.
When VT is started, the music start's its normal playback, so you can simply adjust your headphone.
Once you recorded your voice over, you can use the build-in "Segue Editor" or click on the "Att. Volume" button to attenuate the surrounded tracks according to your voice track.
Click on the '?' icon at the top right to get the info for all options displayed.
The downmix is not oké
I am sorry, but I still do not understand your issue. Please describe your exact issue with greater detail, as else I am just guessing.
Note, that there is no physical downmix! Voice Tracking means you are recording a new track inbetween two existing tracks!
As such, What downmix are you talking about and which levels do you mean to have normalized?!
You can enable 'Automatic Replay Gain' in the general settings, if that is what you mean?? Or you can normalize your recorded voice track!
- but else than that, ProppFrexx doesn't automatically adjust anything else - it wouldn't even make sense resp. is impossible.
SiriusRadio

Post by SiriusRadio »

Maybe you can tell me how to set up the Talk over so our dj´s can talk during fillers playing in cartwalls. Other previous problems we attend to in this post seemes to be fixed. I huess that leaves us with this small problem. How can we fix this?
And sometimes when you play the sweeper it doens't show in the seque? what can be that?
PFREX02.jpg
PFREX02.jpg (260.57 KiB) Viewed 10075 times