Facebook Live Audio

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
meisterpropper
Facebook Live Audio

Post by meisterpropper »

Hi,

Facebook Live Audio seems to be live for all users now. Is there any possibility to have a facebook live streaming server in ProppFrexx? I´ve searched for a developer api, but haven´t found anything useful - has anybody an idea?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Facebook Live Audio

Post by radio42 »

As far as I know there is no API - Facebook wants you to use the mobile app.
E.g. you can connect the line-out of your soundcard to the input of your mobile device (e.g. via a RCA cable to mini jack cable).
Then just use your mobile device and go to the Facebook app and connect... that's it.
meisterpropper

Post by meisterpropper »

Yes, you´re right. Have you ever tried to route your audio at android? Even when I use such a cable I only can send via the internal microphone because facebook app uses the internal microphone automatically.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I don't get your question.
The signal over the cable can also contain a mixed signal of a Mic and Music. That just depends on your PF setup.
There is currently no way to digitally transfer audio to a mobile device.
RadioMaxDK

Post by RadioMaxDK »

meisterpropper wrote: 30 Aug 2017 17:09 Yes, you´re right. Have you ever tried to route your audio at android? Even when I use such a cable I only can send via the internal microphone because facebook app uses the internal microphone automatically.
Maybe the problem is with the different minijack standard for phones: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... smartphone
meisterpropper

Post by meisterpropper »

Thanks. I´ve used the following cable (see attached image). But this doesn´t work. My smartphone uses the internal microphone. I don´t get it, what I´m doing wrong.
Attachments
IMG_20170831_084749.jpg
RadioMaxDK

Post by RadioMaxDK »

Ok, you need to take different steps to find out, where the error is...
First: Can you record the audio with the phones built in voice recorder? (most Android phones has some kind of voice/memo recorder)
Second: Try another phone, or an iPhone (so we can find where the error is)
meisterpropper

Post by meisterpropper »

Thanks. At my oneplus 2 I don´t get even the memo app working. At my oneplus one with lineage OS I get a good sound at my memo app, but at facebook this sound is not present. Seems to be an app issue.
meisterpropper

Post by meisterpropper »

Yes, three rings doesn´t work at all. I´ve ordered a usb c to mini jack input cable. perhaps this could work, but I don´t think so. With an iPhone there´s no problem routing external audio to facebook?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Note, that your mini jack has four rings.
Have you tried a standard mini jack with only 3 rings?
minijack.jpg
minijack.jpg (10.43 KiB) Viewed 16181 times