Automatic generate playlists in one go.

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
AFM-Radio
Automatic generate playlists in one go.

Post by AFM-Radio »

Hi Bernd,
we generate playlists for the upcoming week at once every week.
I do that via the automatic playlist template (pre) generation.
Now I do this as follows: change the time to for example 15.03 change day ahead. Wait for it to generate. Then change time to 15.04 and change day ahead. Wait for it to generate. And then until I have generated a week.

Is it possible to create an option where you can generate a whole week in one go? So for example select a date, 11/16 to 11/20 and then click generate.

Greetings
Jesper
AFM
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Automatic generate playlists in one go.

Post by radio42 »

This is already possible, see the general settings, Section Folders/Libraries and than click on the 'Scheduler Automation...' button.
In the upcoming dialog see the 'Automatic Playlist Template (Pre)Generation' options.
More info here: http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/forum ... 899&p=9475
AFM-Radio

Post by AFM-Radio »

radio42 wrote: 13 Nov 2020 10:33 This is already possible, see the general settings, Section Folders/Libraries and than click on the 'Scheduler Automation...' button.
In the upcoming dialog see the 'Automatic Playlist Template (Pre)Generation' options.
More info here: http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/forum ... 899&p=9475
Yes that's right. I also use this option, but here you can plan a day in advance at a certain time.
So if I want to plan 3 days in advance at 11 AM then playlists will be generated for 3 days from now.

I actually mean that you can generate a week, or 2 weeks etc at once by selecting dates. For example Monday November 16 to Friday November 20 and then click generate and ProppFrexx generates playlists for those dates in 1 go.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That is currently not directly supported.
In this case you would need to use the Program Scheduler and select a program, right-click an select 'Create Playlist Template'...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I added support for that requirement in v4.2.3.0.
E.g. you can now select multiple entries (e.g. for one or more days, or whatever) and than right-click and select "Generate Playlist for Selected...", which does the same as selecting an individual entry and use ''Create Playlist Template..."
AFM-Radio

Post by AFM-Radio »

radio42 wrote: 13 Dec 2020 17:17 I added support for that requirement in v4.2.3.0.
E.g. you can now select multiple entries (e.g. for one or more days, or whatever) and than right-click and select "Generate Playlist for Selected...", which does the same as selecting an individual entry and use ''Create Playlist Template..."
Hi Bernd,

sorry for the late response. But now I use the function and it works great. Thanks for that! I only had one question:
Is there no playlist export report created after generation? Previously, a pdf file was always created with an overview of the generated playlists.

And what I noticed is if I want to restore multiple program entry occurences, for example for a number of days, ProppFrexx crashes. The program scheduler is flashing multiple times and the running record is finished and then it is quiet. Also I can no longer close the program scheduler and ProppFrexx has to be force closed. If I restore per program entry, nothing is wrong. Would you like to check this out?

Greeting
Jesper
AFM
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Good to hear, that it is working in general.

However, I cannot experience the issues or crashes you have. It also doesn't hang or freeze when you close the dialog!
Can you send me the file called "Error.log" (contained in the ProppFrexx AppUserData folder)?!
Or if there is no error, in there, can you see, if there is anything recorded in the Windows Eventlog?
AFM-Radio

Post by AFM-Radio »

radio42 wrote: 06 Jan 2021 16:46 Good to hear, that it is working in general.

However, I cannot experience the issues or crashes you have. It also doesn't hang or freeze when you close the dialog!
Can you send me the file called "Error.log" (contained in the ProppFrexx AppUserData folder)?!
Or if there is no error, in there, can you see, if there is anything recorded in the Windows Eventlog?
I did not get an error message, neither from Proppfrexx nor from windows. The program just stops. And so I cannot close the scheduler window. So I forced close Proppfrexx manually via task manager.

Generating 40 playlists in one go works well.
But if I wanted to restore those 40 occurences at once, things go wrong. If I do it one by one, it will be fine.

I did include the error log of Proppfrexx because last week, December 29, 2020, I did get an error while scrolling through the overlay scheduler. I don't know if this could possibly be related to it?
Error.zip
(3.78 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
Greetings
Jesper
AFM
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

How would you even restore all at once?
And no, an overlay issue wouldn’t be related!

I’ll look at the file, but, if you don’t get any error at ALL, that I assume, that the system was still busy OR there was another error in your system! Since if there is no ProppFrexx error support - it was not a PropoFrexx related issue.
How long have you waited before you terminated PF manually. Note, that creating 40 playlists might take several minutes. If a single script within the 40 programs is even slower because of very tight history settings, it might even take more than just a few minutes, maybe even hours...
AFM-Radio

Post by AFM-Radio »

radio42 wrote: 06 Jan 2021 18:45 How would you even restore all at once?
And no, an overlay issue wouldn’t be related!

I’ll look at the file, but, if you don’t get any error at ALL, that I assume, that the system was still busy OR there was another error in your system! Since if there is no ProppFrexx error support - it was not a PropoFrexx related issue.
How long have you waited before you terminated PF manually. Note, that creating 40 playlists might take several minutes. If a single script within the 40 programs is even slower because of very tight history settings, it might even take more than just a few minutes, maybe even hours...
I restore them all at once because I wanted to regenerate the playlists because I had changed something in the script. Luckily I don't do this very often so not a big problem.
Generating so many playlists at once is not the problem!
That works perfectly! And yes it takes about a few minutes or so to generate them.

I am going to test it on another system if I have the same problem. Then I'll let you know.

My other question was why no more playlist reports are made after generating playlists? I found this very useful. This was still done in the previous version. In v4.2.3.0. not anymore.
So an exportpls pdf file. I found this useful to see at a glance what the playlists contain

Greetings
Jesper
AFM